Multiple Sclerosis Community
MS and STD'S
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

MS and STD'S

ok, I was dx w rrms a month ago.  As soon as i started takin the pred. I found out I had an STD starting w an H.  Disgusting, i know.  But it seems to still be getting worse and i am on valtrex.  Plus i just found out than these types of things can cause a relapse.  Can anyone help me w some info on this plz?  Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1453990_tn?1329235026
Any viral infection can cause a "Pseudo-Relapse."  Any relapse triggered by fever or illness is not usually considered a true relapse.  One of the things you might be interested in is that some of the Herpes virus strains have been implicated as possible MS triggers.

There is a theory that genetics predispose people to MS, but a specific virus or set of viruses is needed to activate the immune system to start it attacking myelin.  One of the viruses immplicated is HHV6 (Roseola).  There is another theory that HSV-2 (genital herpes) infection in people with out HSV-1 (cold sore) immunity is associated with MS is some people.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6116906

Bob
Blank
1713150_tn?1314470942
Thanks!

Kelli
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker