MS and stem cell
Im pretty sure some of you have been researching a little bit about this. What do you guys think about the stem cell treatment? Its something new, but anyone knows about human clinical trials??? or something?? thanks
Hi Gaucho,
I have been reading some about this and although I am not the science/medicine guru around here, I do believe stem cells hole real promise for a permanent cure.

Is this wishful thinking?  Possibly, but the work at Northwestern University looks hopeful.  The researchers not only  need to find a deterrent for MS by identifying the cause and halting new cases, but also a cure for those of us who already have this MiSerable disease.

The work being done that I've read about is with self-donated stem cells and NOT embryonic cell research, which should be its own discussion and not included here.

It is my understanding that treatments with stem cells are available  outside of the US.  

Recently I contacted a clinical trial about inclusion with their work with stem cells - I am fortunately/unfortunately not bad enough with my MS to qualify for the trial.  If you want to read more, go to their website
http://www.halt-ms.org

If you google HALT MS you will also find other links to blogs and reviews of this particular project.

my best,
Lulu

Lulu, thanks for your reply, Im sure there will be anwsers soon about the stem cell subject.... I have also read (just a bit) about stem cells from one's bone marrow. Thanks for sharing the link, i will take a look...
You might want to check out the related discussions link at the bottom of this thread - there is some activity with stem cell discussions in other forums here .

I'm surprised that this thread didn't get more responses - I know this is a topic of interest to many.

my best,
Lulu