MS and thyroid issues
Are thyroid issues (specifically hypothyroidism) common with people who have MS?  Some of my symptoms can be attributed to my low thyroid function which still hasn't been fully investigated.  Just wondering if they might go hand in hand like bladder problems or low vit D levels.
Research has shown that it is common to have Vitamin D deficiency with MS and other autoimmune disease. It is also very common to have both hypothyroidism and MS. Hypothyroidism is common with other autoimmune disease as well. Bladder issues are very common in MS. In fact, the speaker Dr. Timothy Carrabine (a MS specialist),  that CB, LuLu, and I just saw said 100% of his patients had bladder or bowel problems.

Take Care
hmmm...interesting info slightlybroken put up here.  i had no idea that it was common to have both hypothyroid and ms.  

i am hypothyroid.

i do know that if you are currently experiencing low thyroid hormone levels in your body that some numbness can occur.  

do get your levels checked out and adjusted...it just may help with some of your symptoms.

good luck!

michelle
Oh..I did want to point out..Hypothyroidism is a MS mimic and as Michelle pointed out, if your levels are out of control, you can get similar symptoms.

But this question has came up on the forum several times, and it is quite common to have both problems. Hypothyroidism seems to go hand to hand with a lot of autoimmune diseases.

Take Care
Thankl you for your comments.  Feel like there is so much I don't know.  Will have my general doctor follow up on thyroid next week when we go over other tests.