MS back pain and neck spasms?
In 2004 I had an episode which I lost my vision. I was rushed to the hospital and they did all types of test. When I got the results from the MRI, the doctor said I have optic neuritis but I didn't have any abnormalities (no lesions) in my brain just in my eye. They also did a lumbar puncture and that came back negative, no protein were found. I know this symptom is the first sign of MS and the doctors diagnose me with possible MS. They didn't prescribe any meds for the MS because I only had one lesion. After that, years past by with no symptoms until recently. In the beginning of 2008 I started having all these symptoms; painful pins and needle on my legs, weakness and numbness on my hands, dizziness, migraines, sharp pain in my eye, twitching facial movement(not visible) and occasional leg jerking. The symptoms come and go and they don't stay very long. The odd thing about this is that I tend to get them when I get over the flu or get some type of heat exposure.
Well, I went to a neurologist and they did all the same test all over again. When I got the results, all test were negative. This is really confusing. Now I have a new symptom, upper back pain with muscle spasm and neck spasm. The doctor wont prescribe any medication for me so I'm dealing with all these symptoms on my own. I don't know if this is one of the symptom but I hope some can relate or share their insight on this issue.

Hello. I have a lot of pain and spasm in my neck and back as well. I have found that using White Flower analgesic balm is the only thing that helps me with it. My symptoms also get suddenly worse or more numerous when my body temp increases. Even warm shower water makes it flare for me and I've taken to ending every shower with ice cold water for a minute so that I can mange to dry myself on my own. I'd recommend at least splashing ice water on your face when you over heat, but I go all out and dunk my whole head in the water. It helps me so much. Maybe the balm helps so well cuz it has a cooling sensation...that just occurred to me =] I hope this helps you. Sometimes my body goes numb on the right and my face and leg bother me so much even though the twitching is nearly imperceptible when I watch it. I don't know what to do about all that, but I certainly do relate.

Love,
Diemyn
Hi All,

Here is my experience in a nutshell. ADEM in 2004 to 5, Optic Neuritis in 2010, severe migraines in 2011, now spasm and pain in the past month 2012. Spinal MRI is normal. Brain MRI shows lesions which have reduced significantly since 2010. Thanks to diet and natural medicines.

But this spasm and pain are new. Pain seems heat activated.

Feel lost. Please can some one share their experience? Throw some light?