MS in older adults
What are the chances of a 65 yr.old female being diagnosed with MS?
I was 69 when I was diagnosed.

May I ask what makes you think you might have MS?
even though a typical age for MS diagnosis is given for the 20-5o age range
(or there about), MS doesn't know that rule.  Often we might be diagnosed at a later age (I was 54) but can then look back and see all sorts of symptoms in the previous decades that might have fit MS.  We just didn't stop and have it investigated.

SarahL is just one of many here who were diagnosed at a later age.... It is not the most common scenario but is also not that rare.

best, Laura
HAVING OCCULAR PROBLEMS,SPASMS IN LEGS.  HAD 11spinal surgeries and am concerned about the myelin.  The occular problems are abnormal because I have implants from cataract surgery-so not supposed to happen.  They are also checking for Sjogren's.  I don't want either!  I have had spinal problems since age 11 and have spent a life in and out of hospitals and now have rods from the top of my spine to the bottom.  ENOUGH!!!
              Thanks for being kind enough to let me get this anger out~!   Whatever it is I will deal with it.  No choice.
Hi TL -

You're welcome to vent here anytime :-)

As Laura said, years of seemingly unrelated symptoms, left un or under investigated, can be identified as MS related. I was diagnosed at 51. A little detective work showed that I'd had MS for more than 20 years at the time of my diagnosis.

Kyle
Kyle is right, as are the others.  Have you had any brain or spinal MRI's done recently? or is that a no no with the rods?  

My latest neuro (#4 I think) thinks I've had it since 1981, it just wasn't picked up on and no MRI then, I managed 1 MRI before my pacemaker went in, tried another after that, pacemaker co won't let me do another, so do have my lesions captured once I found someone who knew how to read them.

If you don't have a neuro who specializes in MS, find one and have a frank talk with him.  You will have to rule out over 20 other diseases that mimic MS and altho we truly hope you don't, welcome to our corner, I think I'm ready for a vent session myself this morning!

Sarah
Wanted to thank you for responding.  Still don't have the diagnosis because all tests weren't read due to holidays and drs. On vacation. ugh!