Multiple Sclerosis Community
MS medication

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

MS medication

I saw my neuro yesterday and got the "official" spinal tap report from him.  It was positive for MS.  A week ago, when the office called me to tell me they had the results and wanted me to make an appt, I got them to tell me the results, so I already knew.  Now my doctor has told me about the medication to take.  He told me that this was his recommendation---In this order:
1.  Rebis --(not sure of these spellings)
2. Avinex
3. Copaxone
He said I could research them, talk to others and come back in a month with my decision---which everone i wanted,he would prescribe.
Any ideas???  
I am leaning towards Avinex--because I was told that Rebis stings VERY bad afterwards.  I know about the flu like symptoms.  I get a monthly B12 shot, so I am used to that. So just trying to get opinions from those who have been on these.
I think Fluffysmom uses Avonex.

I take Copaxone, but haven't had the resources in the last four months to keep up with the injections.  It seems to work okay.  I still have relapses, thoughl.
So sorry about your dx. But at least now you know what you are dealing with.

I am also newly dx so, unfortunately I have no answers for you. I chose Copaxone
(even though it is daily) beacuse your not supposed to get that flu like achy feeling with it.

WOW!  It seems in the last 2 months or so there are several of us who have come out of Limbo and in to the land of "Diagnosed"!

Sorry I could not help out more.
TAke Care,
~Tonya
Welcome to the other side of the mountain... I'm so glad you got some answers, but sorry that you now join us over here on this side with this MiSerable disease.  

I have a favorite tool to sort out the choices of the DMD's that I often recommend people look at before making their decision.  It is on the MS website in the UK - I will go look for that address again.  It takes you through the process of deciding what is best for your situation.

Bottom line is all of the DMD's do the same thing and work pretty much equally effective. My neuro says its like taking the Pepsi-Coke challenge .  They are the same, just differences in personal preferences and needs.

I have been on copaxone for over a year, with no problems.  I do my next MRI in January and we will see if it looks like it is working.

I'm sorry you have MS, but I'm very glad that you have answers.

be well,
Lulu

I don't know why I can never find my bookmark for this site ....  here is what I referenced

http://www.msdecisions.org.uk/