Multiple Sclerosis Community
MS or CFS?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

MS or CFS?

Hello all,
Although I wouldn't wish for anyone to have similar issues, it's comforting to know I'm not alone...!
My problems started about 4 years ago, when I was diagnosed with Graves' disease at the age of 24. Soon after I started my carbimazole treatment (with joint aches and pains as side-effects), I developed numbness and tingling in my left foot, which, in a matter of days, travelled up to my left hip and from my left shoulder to my left hand. I sometimes have it in my right foot and hand as well. But in all that time (despite my Graves' disease being in remission), it's never ceased. It also accompanies overwhelming fatigue, aches and pains all over, creepy-crawley sensations, vertigo, light-headedness and muscle weakness, etc. The symptoms are worse when I've done toom much.

I've seen neurologists, psychologists, physiotherapists and rheumatologists, to name but a few. They'e done loads of tests (including MRI and lumbar puncture), but so far all the tests have come back negative, even though the neurologist (who is supposed to be an MS specialist was convinced I had all the classic symptoms).... Now I've been discharged from all the 'specialists', with a possible diagnosis of CFS, though nobody seems to care too much either way. I've tried all the drugs commonly prescribed to people with chronic pain but to no avail.

I'm at a loss to be honest. I just want to know what's wrong with me so that I can cope better, and I've been trying so hard the last few years to get some answers, only to be shown the door. I feel like I'm not being taken seriously at all - is it all in my head? This will sound bad, but I was secretly hoping that I had MS so I could get some peace of mind.

Please reassure me that I'm not alone, and that I can still have a good life. Thanks.
you got me, rheumatoligist usually handle chronic fatigue syndrome

any UK members who can make any suggestions?