MS or Migraines? Whats the connection?
Have had brain and stem MRI that revealed 2 lesions on brain.  Symptoms go hand in hand with MS.  MRI C-Spine showed no lesions on spine, just narrowing of nerve and bulging C6-7 disc.  Neurologist states it is merely migraines that can be prevented with Topomax as prevention, and that brain lesions are from lack of circulation to take 1 baby aspirin.  THis is indicative of a mini-stroke, and fibromyalgia. No mention of MS whatsoever.  I do not feel comfortable with this diagnosis and will be searching a second person
Hi and welcome to our little corner of the web, you might find a lot of your answers in our health pages, just to the right of your screen, well worth the time to have a look through.

I'm not exactly sure i understand what your saying or asking, there are many many MS mimics so its more the pattern of sx behavior and or dx of commorbid condition (eg ON) along with clinical signs of lesion damage, that makes it add up to MS, have a look at the Mcdonald criteria in the health pages, it explains it better.

Bulging disks can actually cause many sx similar to spinal lesions so its a possible explanation but it depends on what your sx are, really. I'm not sure if 'you' are saying "this is indicative of a mini-stroke and fibromyalgia" or if thats what the neuro has said in his report.

Honestly i'm assuming that its 'you' saying this, otherwise its a bit contradictory to the "its merely migaine.... baby asprin" comment he's made. Mini-strokes are commonly precursors to a bigger one, so patting you on the head and sending you on your way, is a tad unusual i'd think.

Lesions dont necessarily add up to a major issue, they can be vascular and silent, depending on your age, there is an expectation of some being there even if you have perfect health. Its all about location, type of lesion etc etc i really recommend you have a look at our health pages about lesions location.

If you'd like to post your sx that make you think MS is a possiblity it might make it easier for us to understand where your coming from, we would like to help if we can. :-) A second opinion with an MS specialist is never a bad idea if there is a high probability that its looking like MS, but thats totally up to you.

Cheers.............JJ