MS/pregnancy
Can MS show up during pregnancy?

I am 28, 13 weeks pregnant, 3 prior great pregnancies, but this one is horrible, I am extemely emotional, jumping out of my skin felling, crying all the time and even crying because I feel like somethings wrong but I dont know what it is, I am having body jerks, they seem to be more when I am upset or relaxing, I think I have been having them even before I was pregnant but not often. My vision seems to also be bad, it has always been perfect. I have also had some times where I have numbness in my feet and the top of my back towards my neck.

Any input would be great.

Sasha
Hi, Sasha, and welcome.

It would be quite unusual to have MS diagnosed during pregnancy. That's because your immune system has to lessen up to accommodate your baby, who shares only half of your genes.

I'm sorry you're feeling so bad. The best thing would be to talk to your OB about these symptoms. They could well be due to the pregnancy itself, especially all the emotional stuff. I know you've had good experiences before with pregnancy, but this one might just be different. At 28 weeks your system has a lot to deal with.

If your doc thinks you may have a neurological disorder, ask for a referral to a specialist.

Sending good wishes,

ess
I am only 13 weeks
Wow Sasha, you have a lot going on in your young life!  I'd be surprised if this pregnancy wasn't more difficult than the past three.  I'm not making light of your distress.  It must be a shock to have this pregnancy be so different.

Pregnancy can have a multitude of effects on a woman's body, especially in the 1st and 3rd trimester.  Add to that the anxiety that you are describing and your body can feel like a time bomb.

I have only two children but each pregnancy was as different as the child it produced.  My vision changed with each pregnancy.  I was told this is common.  I also had some numbness/tingling that went away after delivery when my body recovered itself.  Also common.

PLEASE have a good sit down with your OB.  Nobody can tell you what is happening without an exam and specialized knowledge.  DON'T wait until your next appointment unless you've already got one scheduled for this week.  You need to get some relief and peace of mind.

Hoping good things for you.

Mary