MS present on one side of the body?
Just wondering if any of you started with MS symptoms only on one side of your body (arms/legs) first? Were your symptoms symmetrical/asymmetrical?
I;m a Limbo Lander, but mine started with my left arm and a relatively normal EMG/NCS.  Then right eye Optic Neuritis then my right foot/calf then my left foot calf.  Then right sided TN.  Whatever the demyelinating disease I have, it does what it does in the order it wants to.  I guess it never read the books the the neurologists did.

Bob
Mine started on the left side. Although I have symptoms on both sides they are not symmetrical.

Alex
this is pretty much true for most.
Actually, symptoms symmetric left to right lead away from a diagnosis of MS. That's because it would be rare to have simultaneous lesions in the exact same spots, only on different sides. Not saying it can't happen, only that it's quite unusual. It would be even more unusual to have MS symptoms in two places symmetrically, as in both hands and both feet.

What is common are symptoms only on one side, as in arm, leg, foot. A single lesion could cause these. As MS progresses, it's normal for both sides to show damage, just not symmetrically.

ess
ok, so what would cause both legs to have weakness so bad that you have to physically lift them with your hands to move them?
MS, Transverse Myelitis, GBS,  to name a few.  MS spinal lesions and brainstem lesions can possibly have effects on both sides of the body.  Brain lesions in the cerebral motor cortex will only effect one side.  It really depends on where the fault in the wiring is.
Mine started with horrid lower back pain and my right foot.  It then went to my right leg.  It was a few years later when my left foot and leg became involved.  To this day my right side (arm, leg, foot) of my body shows the most damage.
I'm undiagnosed, but mine started on the left side of my face with numbness that later switched to pain (neuro can't seem to decide if it's TN or not). Then predominantly left side muscle twitches, left side buzzing, and now the left side calf muscle seems to be seizing up a lot. Only one or two things have ever happened on the right side.
My symptoms started in my right hand and spread to the whole right side of my body from my sholder to my toes. Except my right big toe.  I had numbness were I couldn't feel anything for about 3 to 4 weeks.  I have 2 lesions on my spinal cord at the base of my head. I hope that helps.