Multiple Sclerosis Community
MS relapse

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

MS relapse

Maybe somebody can offer me some advise, i am in the final stage of an ms diagnosis.
The last few weeks i have had tingling in my arm, i was on steroids for 2 weeks but it has not cleared it.
Is it ok for me to carry on as normal with this, would it usualy just go in time itself or would i need further treatment?.
I havn't had many problems so far with ms so cant say im familiar with relapse.
I try excercise daily, should i stop this also, sorry im just quite confused as to how best manage this.
Tags: ms
I'm probably not going to be a whole lot of help to you since I'm still in the diagnosis process myself.  Since the medical system seems to move slowly where I live, I have no choice but to continue on as normal.  My left hand has been numb and sometimes twitching for 2 1/2 years now but I still have to continue on with my life.

I think that you should definitely keep excercising.  I've been told that it can be helpful.  I've been doing Judo for about 7 years now (5 years before getting sick) and I'm quite sure that it has helped me keep my balance many times.  Sometimes I'm limited in what I can do but I always try my best and I know it has been helpful to me.

I've also found it helpful to try not to think about my health issues too much and to just try to enjoy my life the best that I can.  I used to be worried and annoyed by how long it takes for appointments and waiting for tests and test results but then I realized that my life was ticking away and I wasn't having a whole lot of fun so I decided to try to make the most of the life and not waste it worrying and waiting.

Good luck in your diagnosis journey but try not to become lost in it.  And keep excercising, it may help keep you stronger.

Laura
Hi Harrie - Sorry you had to look for us but glad you found us :-)

There is no timetable for when symptoms will resolve. Your arm tingling may be stubborn, or it may be your new normal. Only time will tell. I have some symptoms that IV steroids eliminated in my last relapse, and others that are part of my new normal. My relapse was in July of 2011 so I'm pretty sure these symptoms are around for keeps :-)

As to exercise, you should ask your doc. My doc is of the opinion that exercise is good for what ails us. He also also assured me that even over exertion will not worsen my MS.MS will lengthen recovery from over doing it, but over doing it will not negatively impact my MS.

Keep us posted on your arm tingling.
Kyle