Multiple Sclerosis Community
Medical Mystery discussion
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Medical Mystery discussion

This morning I came across this feature in the New York Times quite by accident and thought it might be of interest to many of you who appreciate medical mysteries....

http://nyti.ms/XHJwsK

Unfortunately they won't give the answer until tomorrow and my head hurts too much to think this one through.  guesses, anyone?

7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I'm puzzled as to why no one ordered an MRI..........I think Lu knows what i am thinking!
Blank
1045086_tn?1332130022
There was a lot to read there and it was very difficult to sort through.  I had to ramp up the font on my computer to look at the hospital records.  Those computerized records don't necessarily make it easier either!

Anyway, there was at least one MRI done Sarah. The doctor who wrote up the exam for the second admission mentions "Previous CT and MRI only showed nonspecific white matter hypersensitive changes."  This was on the last page - within the body of item #1 under "Assessment".  You sure had to stick with it.

Did you see the diagnosis solved?  It's a good reminder that when something walks, talks and looks like a duck....

...........................it just might be something else :)

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/think-like-a-doctor-the-wobble-solved/
Blank
No I checked this morning and it hadn't bern posted yet.  I missed the MRI, was brain deaf by then and overloaded with info, felt like I was back in nursing school!
Blank
Did you read the answer in today's column? It's posted now:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/03/01/think-like-a-doctor-the-wobble-solved/
Blank
Oh Duh! Someone already posted the link.
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
I'm just getting back to checking this - and then I read the solution.  We used to talk around here a lot about B deficiencies causing problems ... I have to admit the answer made me smile.  But I cheated when  Ilooked because I hadn't picked my own dx.  

Pretty cool column, despite all the reading.  I  wonder if this is a regularly feture?
Blank
it appears to be, which is good!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979