Mirapex
Good Morning...
I saw my neurologist for rib pain and numbness in my feet & hands... she prescribed Mirapex.  I have not started it yet and wondered if anyone out there is using this medication and what your thoughts are.  She recommended a TENS unit for the rib pain I guess it's caused from a miss-firing message between my spinal cord and my brain, even though no lesions showed on my thoracic MRI doesn't mean they are not there...hummmm.  Any input would be appreciated :)
Debbie
~live as if all your dreams came true~
i  never tried that pain med- but seems like spasums- can be horrible pain to-
  the tens unit would help- i have one-   hope it just goes away like mine has in the past!!
I haven't tried Mirapex, but find that a tens unit works wonders at helping the pain and spasms anywhere on the body, except over the heart or on the head.

I think a tens unit confuses the pain signals and tones them down a lot.

Jessica
Thanks for the input... I haven't tried mirapex yet, my primary just changed me from Lyrica back to neurontin which is helping with the pain as soon as that is reguated I will try the mirapex for the numbness :)