Misdiagnosed?
I've been having pain in my legs here and there for quite a few years. In 2010 The Doc did a number of tests on me and said "Good News, you don't have Lyhmes disease or any other thing he tested me for" at the point of the phone call the pain had spread to my entire body and it hurt to walk or even touch me. So then he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia.... The pain has gotten worse, I've been back and forth to the Doc.... tried this pill and that potion... This shot and that concoction.....  so tonight as I can't sleep because my feet hurt so bad, like they are frozen and frostbitten,got the pins and needles feeling...However..my Feet are WARM to the touch... I Googled and found this website...Am I crazy?? Could this be MS? Or am I being a hypo..hate word :-( Just can't stand the pain anymore.... Thanks for taking the time to read my rambling... Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome :-) Thanks!
Hi and welcome,

Unfortunately, googling 'pins and needles' will always get you a plethera of MS hits, but MS has many many mimics and because you wrote "the pain had spread to my entire body" which isn't consistent with what 'typically' happens in MS, i'd be inclined to think its probably not MS.

Have you actually had any nerve conductor tests, looking for peripheral or central causation? MRI's brain and full spinal? Have you had a vascular causation looked into eg varicos veins (visible or invisible)?

Sorry i cant think of anything else you can look for.

Cheers.......JJ  
Unfortunately, your doctor is one who believes that a negative Lyme antibody test excludes the disease. It does not. Somewhere between 30-50% of Lyme patients test false negative. I encourage you to find a LLMD, a Lyme Literate Medical Doctor to get checked out, and to get tested at a specialty lab called IgeneX.

Pain in the feet and legs in a Lyme patient often indicates Bartonella, a coinfection that also causes neuro symptoms. Some believe that when there is the combination of Lyme and Bartonella, they mimic MS. (I have both Lyme + Bart, although I didn't have foot pain.)

There is good info at www.ilads.org and a symptom list at http://www.ilads.org/lyme_disease/B_guidelines_12_17_08.pdf

You are welcome to come post on the Lyme forum. I hope you get answers soon!