Multiple Sclerosis Community
Mixed bag of symptoms

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Mixed bag of symptoms

I have wondered about MS for a while. My symptoms are strange and varied and don't seem to fit in any one box.
Tiredness
Numbness in the fingers usually the middle to small fingers.
Cramps and contractions in the same places
- under ribs ( front and back) on certain movements
- (L) middle finger contracts ( only this finger)
- cramp severe and uncontrollable inside (R) inner thigh.
Severe  burning ( like a hot needle) pain on top of ( R) foot in exactly the same spot each time. Lasts 10 minutes or so
Tongue goes dark blue, numb and affects my speech . Lasts about 10-20 minutes then the tongue becomes bright red and feeling returns.
Difficulty swallowing. Food gets stuck half way down. Drinking water just comes back out and the blockage is eased after I relax and concentrate on swallowing. ( quite scary)
Very annoying habit of licking my lips and gums and excessive swallowing, results in chapped lips and cold sores.
Have had one minor TIA , following a TKR, spinal cord stimulator implant.
I have sleep Apnoea and narcolepsy. Bipolar , high cholesterol, high blood pressure.underactive thyroid
I take vit b,d and magnesium, somac, thyroxine, seroquell, Vytorin,  rivotril, Fentanyl patches 100mcg
Occasionally I take Endone,
-
Tags: Mixed bag, symptoms, Pain, cramps, numbness
Hi Goldposs :), I´m sorry about all that is going on with you. The dark blue tongue sounds really strange and scary. I have something similar going on at the top of my left leg as you have in your right, very painful on and off for some minutes at a time. But I hope someone else here can relate more to this and/or tell you what they think. I´m am in so called Limbo, and have been for more than two years now, so it is often difficult to find out what is going on. But I hope for the best for you.
Dagun
Thanks for your answer. My GP's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw the pics my husband took of my tongue. He's finally sending me to a Physician this week then a Neurologist. Unfortunately they think I have Dystonia. Hope not! :(
Hi again, it is great that you GP is listening to you and I hope you get to the Neurologist soon. I was reading about Dystonia, I can see why they would think that but we shall hope not. But it will be good to get answers and whatever it is, lets just hope it will be mild and they will be able to keep it down when they know what you´re dealing with.
Still hoping for the best for you,
Dagun