Mouth Ulcers
Just a quickie...have been feeling some new neurological symptoms on my right side (previously only on my left side), feeling more tired again and have developed mouth ulcers (not oral thrush). I am guessing that you will all suggest I contact someone..but should this be GP or neuro?

I feel like a moaner and am still not sure when I should speak to someone so perhaps my MS nurse would be the right person? Feeling a bit worried in case it is the start of another relapse and how this will affect the drug trial but I guess if there is new activity it will show up on MRI scan in 2 weeks time. This is what happened the last time my husband went back to Afghanistan so perhaps my body is telling me something and I am more stressed than I thought?

Any thoughts gratefully welcomed.

Love Sarah x
Hi Sarah. I suggest you see your dentist first. They are very accustomed to this sort of thing and can steer you in the right direction.

A neuro or a gp would probably refer you to a dentist anyway. I doubt if this is MS-related, or even stress-related, but I've been wrong before ;-)

Of  course I'm talking about the ulcers here. As for your other symptoms, you will surely know by your next neuro appt. whether you're in a flare. I do hope not. This can happen whether or not your MRI changes.

Sending soothing vibes,
ess

Hey Sarah,

I get mouth ulcers, i find the old trick of salt and warm water swilling, not gargling, just swilling it around is enough to shut them down. I do it at least 3 times a day until its gone, and if its been a bad one, i do it for another day for just in case.

It works for me, costs nothing and worth giving it a go. Oh it doesn't taste nice but you do get use to it, its not really as bad as you'd think! I'm prone to get them when i'm dealing with a bug of some sort, try the salt wash it might help. :-)

Cheers......JJ