Muscle fatiguability or weakness?
Hi, this is my first post. I have not been officially diagnosed, but my optho-neurologist has said she thinks that I have "an autoimmune disorder affecting my CNS". I have multiple, small hyper-intensities on MRI of the brain. EMG is normal, VEP normal, labs (ie, ANA) for other disorders normal. Waiting to have another 'flare' and then will have LP.  I've had broad symptoms for a number of years, most notably vertigo and paresthesias on arms and legs. Mild foot drop and absent reflex. Last fall, I had acute onset of ulnar nerve pain on left, like I'd "hit my funny bone", which I hadn't.  Acute pain which progressed up arm for 2 weeks, during which time I had numbness and motor problems in my hand. Felt it on right hand a little bit, too. It took almost 2 months to get back to full function. Then, it happened again beginning of March. Same thing. However, 2 days before Easter, my shoulder began to feel very sore and by that night, I could only lift my arm from the deltoid once before it would "flop" back down. My entire shoulder girdle felt sore and weak, and I had to support my arm at the elbow, or it felt like my entire arm would hang heavily. Oral steroids again, and after 48 hours, I could use shoulder again. I had moderate discomfort on other shoulder, as well, but no weakness. Lots of cramping sensations in arms/hands and muscle twitching. I'm still "recovering" from this, and seem to be feeling better for a day or two, then go backwards a bit. Long post to get to my point: is what happened with my shoulder typical of MS muscle weakness? Is it considered muscle fatigue OR weakness? Is it typical to be able to move once and then not be able to do it again for a bit? Every time I feel my deltoids getting "sore", I immediately lift my arms to see if I have full function in them! My left arm is definitely weaker since this happened, because I can't perform daily tasks without letting it rest, ie, holding a book, typing, drying my hair. Thanks for any info and input...it's appreciated!
Oh my goodness!  I'm having the exact same problem.  I have right sided-hemiparesis, and if I use my arm when it's weak, I also get the cramps and fatigue.  If I overuse it, I wreck my shoulder (thinking it's maybe the rotator cuff but not sure).  After taking notes at a seminar this weak (too proud to tell the group I wasn't able to :-P), I ended up in a sling, packed in ice.

I have completed a set at the gym, everything fine, then go do to the next move (say, a fly) and all I get is a shrug on the right.  Usually I have more warning, but occasionally no warning at all.  I have assumed I'm trying to compensate for my easily fatigued muscles with other muscles, and damaging them, but I don't know.  Hopefully someone can help both of us.

I am not officially diagnosed yet; my MRI meets the McDonald criteria and I am waiting to be accepted to an MS clinic.

Welcome to the community, mome24 ... I'm sorry you have to be here, but I have to say, you made my day with your post.  I hadn't seen anyone with this issue yet, and I would love to know what it means.
Week.  Not weak.  Although I'm that too :-P.
Bump?  Anyone else?  Frustrated with my fragility -- is this normal?
Yes, sounds similar. With my "episode", there was no question that I couldn't lift my arm to do anything more than once. My arm was functionally useless, although only from one group of muscles. The entire back of my hand, 1/2 way up my forearm, was numb at the same time.  My thumb is still somewhat numb and if I touch it, the "tingles" spread outward, like waves when a rock is tossed in water. Also, when I move my thumb, I feel sore in my upper arm. So strange...