Multiple Sclerosis Community
My 1st MS Walk!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

My 1st MS Walk!

I was diagnosed last year about this time so for the first time I have signed up for a MS Walk and formed a team.  (Columbus Ohio @ Zoo on April 21, 2012 - team Hammertime)  It was very scary to get started and take the initiative to do this since it's been a while since I have taken charge of something. Lol   Anyway, I really don't have any questions for you all, just wanted to put it out there.  If any of you are from Ohio and interested in the walk, I would love to have more teamates!!  I am so grateful that I can do this walk for others with MS and for myself.  It feels good to do something for MS.

Hugs to All,
Jeny
Congrats! I think it's great that you are taking an active role in Life with MS! I was diagnosed 5 months ago and I too am participating in my first Walk MS. Here in NYC the walk is on April 29 and the course takes us across the Brooklyn Bridge and back. The view should be spectacular!

For me there are 2 benefits to participating in the walk. The first is that the money raised goes not only to research, but to supporting those of us with MS that need a little help. The second benefit is fitness. It's been a while since I've walked 6 miles and I have some work to do before April 29!

Kyle

Kyle
Good job, Jeny!

The events are great, and I hope you most of all have fun!  
Ours is April 15th, and I'm hoping for good weather. That's usually the only spoiler :(
I'd love to join you but since i'm all the way over in Australia, it just aint going to happen lol So i'll have to say thanks for doing this, enjoy the spirit of the people, have fun and hope of good weather!

Cheers..........JJ  
Thank you Jenny!
You are doing a great thing for all of us. I truly wish I was still able to walk well enough to do something like that. I. Am checking to see if any MS walks will be in my area (upstate NY) because I know my sons and friends would participate! How do I  find out about local walks?
Good luck!
Deb
Our's is April 15th as well. I am wishing for no Seattle rain. ;)

Hugs to all,
~B
Go to the National MS Society website :-)
Jen, our walk over in the Dayton area is also on the 21st.  I wish it weren't because I would love to come and walk the zoo with you.  I am fortunate to have a large team here thanks to my university connection (over 100 registered last year)  and really have to show up and "lead" the way.  

I'm up in Columbus to see my neuro and do my tysabri every 4 weeks - maybe we can meet for lunch some time soon?
be well,
L
Wow - that's so cool you're doing that!

I do better on a bike than on my feet, so I'll be doing a portion of the "Waves to Wine" ride in September.  This runs through Marin and Sonoma counties, from the Golden Gate Bridge to Healdsburg.  Beautiful country!

Way to stay active!!
Thank you all for your comments!  I am so excited and yes it will be lots of fun and hopefully beautiful weather. Lol  I am glad that many of us can do these walks.  And for those that can't - well you will be foremost in my mind and know that I am doing this for you!!  I truly believe that we will see better treatments and maybe even a cure during my lifetime.  I will try to do what I can to see that that happens!  Lulu, I would love to meet up with you sometime when you are in Columbus.  Just shoot me a msg. and I will do my best to try to come!  You are inspiring and such a mentor to all of us newbys! Lol  

Hope you are all enjoying the day.  The weather is just awesome here :)

Hugs,

Jeny
I was thinking about signing up for the MS walk here in Cincinnati! This is too funny you posted this., my only problem is that with this flair I am not sure I will be able to walk it. But I think I am going to start a team anyway and see how far I can get, who knows, by then I may be doing fine :)

Paula
I signed up for my first MS Walk in Lockport Il, May 6th,  my wife will join me,

I had a few questions from some friends why are we walking for MS,  we don't share the testing I've gone thru these past years,  still no firm DX.

take care.
JB

for everyone - these walks are great events and even if you can't "walk" there is a still a way to scoot or ride or even be a greeter/cheerleader and welcome the finishers.  We have a real mix of skills levels and there is a place for every last one of us.

Good luck to everyone out and on the trail.
hugs,
L
I agree with Lulu!  Don't count yourself out yet.  Even if you cant walk you can cheer by the sidelines and be there to support the walkers.  I look forward to the whole spirit of the walk and not just being able to walk.  I have a feeling it be emotional for me which I really havent been since diagnosed.  Maybe I will get a better grip on accepting this disease just from being there!  I will be thinking of you and praying you will be well enough for your walk :)