My Thoracic MRI showing bright blips - but not MS
Hi MSers/Limbolanders,

Here is an example of one of my thoracic MRI shots which showed bright blips which were not thought by the medicos to be MS.  I post this so others can compare it with their MRIs, if desired, while waiting to see their neuros for their opinion.

I'm still having plenty of MS symptoms including something unusual and new for me - industrial strength constipation.

WAF
The blips on the sides are probably normal.  I would question the big one that sits in the middle of the vertebrae.  But I don't know nuthin bout none of this!
Hi  WAF,
Even with the neuro pointing at my spinal lesions I still have trouble seeing them  - if he had pointed to something like what you have I would definitely understand that!  Sorry I am of no help either.  

don't let the plumbing stay clogged - there are several OTC laxatives you might want to try like Miralax.  

be well,
Lulu
This MRI does not show the spinal cord.  I suspect the blips are blood vessels.

Quix
Thanks so much for your opinions!!  

Lulu, I already started Metamucil - had to!  As an added benefit - it helps lower cholesterol too!  I also have some MiraLax on hand  - does it work better than Metamucil? Lulu, some of the MRI spine findings for MS that I found in my research showed blips as bright as mine, but others were harder to see (especially those not done on 3.0 Tesla).  Was your MRI a 1.5 Tesla?  My MRI was a 3.0 Tesla.

Quix - what you said was just what I was told - that the spinal cord was not visible.  But isn't that the place where the spinal cord should be?  Why didn't it show up?  
When I compare my MRI film to photos I've seen of spinal MRIs it looks similar to my untrained eye.  I also have bright blips on my cervical MRI which are not as well-circumscribed, not as oval, are somewhat distorted - possibly due to the surgical clips in my neck?? Looks like there is some brightness on brain stem too.

Karen - I have the same concern you voiced - that the bright spot in the vertebra seems abnormal.  But radiologist didn't comment on it!!
I think I'll have that followed up by a different radiologist.

Meanwhile I feel like I'm losing my vision.  It's fading and things often look blurry.
Quix - are you going to do your writing on ON in the health pages?  Please do!!

WAF
when are you seeing the Neuro..or Dr... you should get some answer for this NOW.. please call one of the offices and ask when you can see someone and let them know about your vision... OK...this is important if your vision is being effected somehow..

let us know what they say...
wobbly
dx
do you have other pics of the spine MRI... different pics will show you the spinal cord fluid area... not all of them show it..

wobbly
I am not an expert, but if I am correct as an MRI is taken it takes several pics in layers.  If you can picture someone taking an egg slicer from your top to your bottom (for the view of your pic).  

The pics start with the vertebrea and work their way in.  I will download a pic of my c-spine so I can post the spinal cord image.  The best way I view them is by following the slide numbers (if they are in sequence).

It is a good bet that the middle number of the entire sequence is the spinal cord (again only if the numbers are in order, but you can sort of figure out where the middle of the series is).  

I too agree that this looks like a vertebrae disturbance.  MY MRI (that I don't have a copy of sorry) says I have 2 hemangioma on my vertebrae.  They looked like lesions you show when the Neuro and I looked at them.  

He does not feel there is any need to treat them.  

I would definately express your concerns to the Dr ASAP though as stress is noooo good!

D
If you had lesions that size I think you would probably be dead....all the ones I have seen in MS are much much smaller ...I am not a professional so take my comment with a pinch of salt!
I can't figure out how to copy my MRI images to my computer sorry.

D
ok I figured out how to load the pics to my profile so you can see the two images I posted there if you wish.  

The vertebrae pic has a white spot on it not nearly as large as yours, but it is there.

In the cord pic the cord is the grey part in the middle.  

I hope this helps

D
The pic that is shown is too much to the side of the spinal canal which is where the spinal cord is.  So all we see is the vertebrae and glimpses of the canal in between - but nothing of the cord at all.  To see a good MRI image of the spinal cord go to the Radiology Assistant:  Scroll about a 1/4 of the way down the page.  This is a great site to look at good examples of all the things we talk about.

http://www.radiologyassistant.nl/en/4556dea65db62

Quix
They look like a string of Christmas lights to me, or maybe pearls!  Did you wear a necklace? ;>D