Multiple Sclerosis Community
My leg feels ice cold

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

My leg feels ice cold

Has anyone had the experience of suddenly feeling like a part of your body was ice cold.  Tonight my left leg suddenly started to feel like it was sitting in an ice bath.  It is not cold to the touch though, just perceived as cold.  I just can not shake th ecold feeling, the rest of me is comfortable.  Is this somethin that happens with MS?  This is my first experience with it...I do have other issues with this same leg in the last 2 years...muscle spasms and have had numbness and tingling in this leg for periods of time as well.  
It sounds like a classic paresthesia (abnormal signal from a sensory nerve) from a temperature sensing nerve (as opposed to pain, light touch, vibration.  I'll talk more tomorrow.  Q
not sure you been on this site before, if not welcome.
Iv had the same feeling in my shoulder and legs i get it from time to time along witht he numbness.
Quix will be better to explain this for you she is a great source of information and has been a amazing support to everybody on here. Hope you get some answers soon.
I am new here.  Actually just found this forum and reading back on some of the posts think "this is exactly the forum I need!!"  I will intoduce myself in a later post, when I can squeeze that in between work, cooking/cleaning, general MS exhaustion.  But I want to respond to Rachelinpain to let her know that I have experiened almost the same exact thing.  Mine was cold feet.  I do get cold feet quite often, and I laugh about it when those cold feet cause my husband to jerk away from me when I try to warm them on his legs when we go to bed.  My experience happened in January of this year and being in northwest Ohio in January, I didn't think the cold feet I was exeriencing was too out of the ordinary.  But this time, the coldness was almost painful.  So I put my side of the electric blanket on high to try to warm them.  That didn't help.  So I put some socks on as well.  That didn't help.  My feet were so cold, they were painful and I was having a hard time falling asleep.  So I decided the only thing I could do was massage some warmth into them.  Imagine my surprise when I took my socks off to start the massage.  My feet were warm.....almost hot to the touch.  So I figured it was MS related and probably not much I could do about it. so I tried to stop thinking about it.  I eventually was able to fall asleep.
I get this too!  Mostly in my butt for some reason.  Also, I will get this in my inner thigh.  Its like a cold dead patch of skin.  I lose sensitivity in that area too when it gets like that.

Lisa
Absolutely, I have the same sensation on a leg from time to time. If I didn't reach down and feel it, I would swear it had gotten wet from something spilled on it. Also the same muscle spasms, numbness and tingling.

Jazzy
Hey, you snuck in on us.  welcome to our little spot of MS understanding.  I'm glad your "once over" won us approval.  I think this is the best bunch of people anywhere for sharing their experiences, support, for info, and for help.  I've never seen anything like this anywhere online in the vaious MS groups.

I am Quix, also known as Den Mother, resident MD and MSer, and Pres of our local chapter of Hypos Gamma Chondria  - our Greek house for people who think they are crazy, who have been told by defective doctors they are crazy, are afraid they might become crazy, or who would generally like to hang out with us.

If you got it, we'll probably comment on it.  BTW - did you sign up for this merry go-round?  And did you sign a contract?  Several of us have had our trial spin with MS and don't like.  We want to send it back.

We'll be looking for your story.  Thanks for chiming in on the "cold" paresthesia thing.  Weird, isn't it?

Quix
First of all welcome,  We are glad you could join us but not happy about the reason why.

I too have experienced that same feeling in my feet.  I will even ask my husband to feel them and see if they are cold.  I don't have good feeling in my hands so I can't really tell myself.  He will say, "no, they are almost hot."  The thing is that they feel so cold it hurts.  Like when you've stayed outside too long in freezing temps. and come inside to the warmth.

Since so many of us share the same symptom I would say that it is MS related.

I'll be praying,
Carol
all the time
i get it in my feet, my husband cant understand how i can be hot and put the a/c on but yet need to put socks on cause my feet are like ice all the time. thats exactly what it feels like ice cubes are on my feet, and they actually start to hurt.
jozee
I can relate to the cold feet,but to the touch they are warm,but painful almost a frost bitten feeling .I wear socks to bed,somedays even in the summer.

pneeb419,

Welcome to our group,and yes the north west Ohio winters can get nasty and cold.
Hi ...am new to forum...found you googling "wet cold leg"...I'm G. Not sure what's going on. Have never been diagnosed with MS. I took a fall about three weeks ago, then have had about two and a half weeks of weird sensations (paresthesia?) First, a kind of roving pain / sensation (but very localized) on my right arm and leg, then feeling of cold/wetness on a patch of skin by my right ankle (the first several times it happened, I checked my leg to see if it was wet), then tingling /pins and needles/lack of sensation up and down my left arm, and finally little current like sensations (similar to pins and needles, but not quite). Along with a kind of bone-tiredness -though this may come from being mother to a teenager ;)...have a brain MRI coming up (couldn't do it the first go-round...too claustrophobic feeling)...Am hoping this is all a result of the fall (a pinched nerve or somesuch) since that's what seemed to prompt things...Any thoughts would be welcome...also any advice on how to get through MRI...Thanks and best to all...

I don't enjoy the MRI either.  My GP prescribed Niravam to take 1/2 an hour before.  It does seem to make me not care.  Another thing that helps me tremendously . . . I take a CD of my own music to listen to.  I also try to dress so I can wear as much of my own clothing as possible.  

When are you scheduled for the MRI?  Hope you find answers soon.  Keep us posted.

Sherry

This is ridiculous! I am constantly putting the kettle on, not for a nice cup of coffee and but for my palms to relish in the heavenly steam. Last night, I gathered all my pillows and put my feet underneath them (with socks on of course!) Today I have ironed my socks twice, the heat feels good but fades quickly fades.
  Yes it feels cold; ice cold. It's like wearing blocks of ice for shoes but they don't feel warm like some people experience, rather, my socks sometimes feels damp from the extent of the cold.
  I do not have MS (please God), I am only 25. The cold is so ridiculous I came on goggle and typed 'why do my feet feel so cold' thats how I came across this board.
  Good luck to everyone with the same affliction.

* It's 4pm on a somewhat sunny afternoon in England (not winter) I have on two pairs of socks at the moment and contemplating running the bath with boiling hot water to give my feet a good soaking or much preferably; burn them red for punishing me so (I wish).

Natty
Hi, Natty!  Welcome!  Interesting way to find us!  You don't really expect me to believe that you had a sunny day in England, do you?  I'm just kidding, of course!  I used to date a young man from England when I was in college and he said I 'd LOVE England, ESPECIALLY the sweet smell of the rainy days!

Is that you're only complaint, cold feet?  Do they ever turn blue or white?  Have you ever had your blood checked for autoimmune disorders?  Look around on our forum and see if any of the other symptoms make sense to you.  If not, there is a condition called Raynaud's phenomenon.  It might make sense to you.  If that doesn't stick around anyway.  We're usually good for a few laughs!

Take care!

Momzilla*
Hi Momzilla,
   Thanks for your response. Well, there was a tad of sun with moist before and afterwards (I sent my housecoat outside for a bit of sun but in the evening it came back damp!)
    I've looked up Raynaud's phenomenon, thankfully I have no such symptoms. No, I've never had my blood checked for autoimmune disorders and I only get the abnormal feeling in my feet and palms (though I get cold very easily, but I suppose that's normal on a cold day) However, my joints (especially my knees) ache from cold at times. (I must leave this country soon!)
    I have always worked hard, juggling between work and university. During those busy days I only occasionally felt the cold but I now work from home and have finished with my studies. All this spare time at home seems to be a major catalyst for the condition.
   I can now completely empathize why the elderly and housewives or people who spend a considerable amount of time at home might suffer from this condition more, I have come across no such statistics but I am certain this is the case and that lifestyle amongst OTHER FACTORS must be responsible or at least make us susceptible to the condition.

Natty
I found this site when looking up coldness in arm. I started having this about 4-5 years ago. My Dr. did know of any reason why I had this. I also had it on my face in the winter. My face didn't feel cold to my husband but Isensed a cold feeling I would sometime put a scarf to try to warm my face. I was dx with lupus about 12 years ago but it has been under control. Developed sjogren's dx in 6/07. Have had depression twice and had memory and concendration problems. Vision  has been blurred, started in Jan. 06. Gets better when I am not depressed. Vison gets worse, and problems described above come back.  Was off work both time for 5 weeks. Now have the problem again. I have had all kinds of test: MRI, spinal tap, blood test, etc. You name it I hd the test  They found nothing. Lupus and sjogren's were not active. Has anyone else had these problems? Do you think it is possible that I still have MS? Thanks
I purchased a book that gives me some suggestions as to how to fight m.s. and give me my life back.  I have had m.s. since 1972 (age 20) and had always thought that I was one of the lucky ones to get the kind that always gives me everything back - Relapsing/Remitting M.S. - until 1999 when I was told that because my legs were still not what they used to be, I had gone to the next stage... Secondary Progressive.  I don't know if it was more depressing to have to live with it, or accept the name... "Progressive"  Shouldn't it be called Digressive?

Anyway - I'm going to be getting some pH strips to see if my body has been in an ACIDIC state, because stress will cause you to go acidic.  And boy am I ever stressed.
I purchased some on e-Bay, but they don't work.  I need to get the kind that can see the pH in more shades.  Your pH should be about 7 or 7.5 to be normal.  That's why you need the ones that show you at least .5 increments.  I am debating on getting the kind I found yesterday that have .2 increments.  

Try to keep from getting stressed, is the first important thing to do.  (like that's gonna be easy?)  Change your attitude, too.  Be happy whenever possible.  

And as far as the number of pills go?  I don't take anything for the m.s. - and my neuro keeps trying to push me to take one drug or the other, to keep my exacerbations at a minimum.  I haven't had anything since 1999 - except a few times since January after taking a vacation to Arizona with my husband to visit a friend.  Stressful?  Yes - I cried because I figured I wouldn't see her again.  Then when I got home, I learned that I needed to have an ovary out due to finding a questionable "dermoid cyst" when I had a kidney stone "operation" on November 1st.  (Emergency - blocking the ureters, and had to be blasted apart with a lazer beam or something)

Well, guess what?  I'm drinking more water now!  And that's a start, but eating more alkaline rich foods would be best.  Get busy and change your diet - if you want change!  It's not all about having a positive attitude... it's up to you!  I know m.s. can make you feel so out of control... thinking there is nothing you can do about it.  But now you can!  It is your choice.  

That book I mentioned above is only 47 pages.  I had her send me the book, because I didn't want something that was just sheets printed on my computer!  I wanted a book to put on my bookshelf for handy reference.  Guess what?  She sent me the sheets printed one side in a "spiral" book!  ($5 extra?)  I've been inspired to write a book about that pH thing, and the results I am going to see when I do what she recommends.  

I called Sue Ellen Dickensen and she told me "There is no cure for m.s." - but she was diagnosed as secondary progressive, too.  She is now symptom free!  I asked, how do you know you aren't just in remission?  She said, "I could be - but for now I feel wonderful."  And that's something!

I found this forum while looking up m.s. cold feet!  Yep - gotta wear socks ... even in the summer.  But hopefully that will be one of the first good signs - when I can walk around barefoot again.

I just hope it doesn't take 2 years - but I've been living with it for 36 years!  I'm going to fight this sleuth!

Crazy_Kath  : )
I get a cold backside as well.  It can get quite cold at times.  My says when she touches it at those times she cand feel that it is cold as well.  So, it is not jus me who can feel it being cold.
Natty,
I have a coldness in my left foot all the time, it feels cold to the touch and nothing i do seems to warm it. it is strange when you compare it to my right foot which is warm. the winter is worse then the summer but as long as the temp. outside is under 60 it bothers me. However this is also the foot that I have other problems with, such as the foot "drops" or it gives out on me when I walk. and during the warmer months I started limping on that foot. It was during my search for why my foot was cold that lead me to my DX for MS.this past year. I had always suspected that I may have MS, because of something that happened about 16 years ago. I lost all feeling in my left hand I couldnt even hold a pencil they did tests put me on some steriods and after about 2 weeks my hand came back. After that I experienced weakness in my legs and a pins and needles in my feet. I got pregnant and the symptoms went a way, then during my 3 pregnancy I became a diabetic went on insulin and never came off. For years anytime I went to a new DR. and told them the stories about my left hand and my legs they would ask me if anyone ever gave me an MRI and tested me for MS I said no, and truthfully I just didnt want to know, becoming a diabetic was a big enough challenge for me. But last year when the problems began with my foot being cold and we did tests and ruled out any diabetic relation I asked for an MRI to be done because I felt it was time to see if I had MS, I even asked the specialist if the problems in my foot could be MS, and I told him about the way it would drop, and he told me I was crazy, then wrote a note to my Dr and said I should be tested for MS, ( dr. was an a--hole)  any way long story short I was DX with MS this past september. Nobody can explain my cold foot, they aren't saying its due to having a mild form of MS but it was what led me to finally finding out. I had searched many places when I started having this problem and other than you I haven't heard anybody have this problem where it not only feels cold but if you touch it its cold. and my DR.'s still have not explained why. I don't think you have MS but you may have circulation problems or other nuro problems maybe you should look into it. I hope this helps and I certainly don't want you to think I am saying you have MS, I just think you might need to look into it.  
Hi Michael...I have the same problem...my backside is freezing a lot of the time and sometimes it will go down the backs of both legs...but no one else can feel the cold (not that I go around asking people to feel my butt!)  tee hee

I can't use the magic bag or water bottle because it makes the pain in my legs worse so I am just stuck with the cold butt and legs!

Lots of Hugs,

Rena
This is an interesting thread.

I get cold hands, feet, calves, butt, especially when the weather is cold. Actually, I think it bothers my husband more than it does me :-( so it's definitely not all in my head (I can't always tell how cold my extremities are unless I touch something else so it doesn't usually bother me too much, although I do seem to get cold more easily than I used to).

Don't know if it has anything to do with MS or what... I once asked a neuro (pre-dx) if he thought I had a circulation problem and he said no.

sho
I have a similar strange sensation. If I get into a bed with the electric blanket on it feels cold against my left leg, a cold wind feels warm against it. I leaned against the bathroom sink when I was cleaning my teeth (undressed) and the cold sink felt hot and it almost felt like electric shocks on my stomach. I have this feeling from the waist down and only on the left side. I have had it before and it tends to last a couple of weeks.

Mand
So I was reading some of your guys conversations mentioning getting cold and what not.. but I was just wondering if this was normal- my mom was diagnosed with MS a long time ago, and awhile now she seems to be cold all the time where ever we go shes cold and I couldnt find many sites talking about this just that people would get cold arms or legs, but its her whole body thats cold, so im just concerned and wondering if this is part of MS?
Welcome Obviousone!

I have to ask you to copy what you've posted here and then go to the "post a question" and paste it into a new question.  That way, you will have your very own thread.  The one you happened upon was fairly old, but we still do talk about this body temperature quite a lot.

It's wonderful to see you looking out for your Mom!  Also, it would be nice to get some of your experiences as to how it is living with someone with MS.  I know I sure would like to know what my kids think about it.

Thanks for coming along! If you have problems posting like I mentioned above, just post a comment back on this one.  Anyone of us can cut and past it into a new post for you.

See you soon!
Shell
Ditto the cold feeling... except mine is in my left arm and hand.  Just to keep things interesting, my arm and hand feel warm sometimes, too.  The first time I felt the warm sensation I went into a frenzy, swiveling my head around looking for a heating vent, just sure that there was warm air blowing on me.  Fortunately, I was alone at the time...          
my hands, which are also the major source of pain for me,  have been freezing to the point of numbness, but when I go to hold hands with someone (at church during prayer circle) I find that my hands are NOT cold at all - they just feel cold to me.  Feet are also pretty cold - can't sleep without socks, even with electric blanket - problem is that the blanket makes the rest of me too hot, so it's hard to get things balanced enough to sleep well.
The last time I saw my GP I complained about my feet being so cold they hurt.  I took my shoes and socks off so he could examine them.  He said, "Terry your feet are warm."  I told him not to me.  They are hurting they feel so cold.  So he is sending me to a cardiologist to check the circulation.  I go Jan 6.  However if my feet felt warm to him, I would think it is not a circulation problem.  As so many described it is like I am standing barefoot in the snow and it hurts.  I have found no way to relieve the feeling and I have tried everything, as a matter of fact we discussed this earlier when I ask the forum about it.  It seems to me it may be MS related, why else would so many of us have the same experience.

Merry Christmas to all,

terry
I also experience this cold sensation in my feet sometimes they feel as saveone described where they feel cold to me but not to others when i put my feet in any temp of water they feel like they are on fire often with the paratheias i have different sections of my body feel as though the hair is standing on end it will be one leg or one arm sometimes even just one side of my head these feelings are weird but you get use to them. i have found that just over a year ago i was cold all the time wearing sweaters in the summer now even in winter i get so hot that i have to remove my gloves open my jacket and take off my hat because i can't stand the heat i use to hate being cold all the time now i miss it lol
I just realized that I too have this cold sensation on my backside and feet , don't get the feet cold pain yet but imagine I will am in my mid 50 and 10 years ago was suspected of having ms have the symptoms urgency to urinate ,headaches so bad ,depression, trembling, sharp pains all over random places in body,face and eyebrows even , was reading b12 defieciency can mimic ms and other diseases but I can't kid myself I just have too many symptoms another MRI coming up , hate them so much anxiety claustrophobia just thinking about it , need to be put out ,just hate the boom boom ding ding wheooo wheooo but just have to do it so tiers of doctors not believing me and if I have it I just would like to know so I don't keep feeling like I' m crazy , anyone else feel similiar to me?
I am still in the 'I don't know if I have MS or not"  I have done a lot of reading and it sounds as though a lot through my life I may have been experiencing onset. But right now life is very hard.  My legs hurt, my knees feel like they are going to pop out when I walk.  I have had a lot of spasticity in my legs and R Abdomin (abdomen).  My L arm went completely numb for 10 minutes.  My feet have a weak pulse and are cold.  I have bad vertigo, blurred eyesight, numb fingers.  When I wake up in the morning I have a lot of pain.  It feels like all my organs are going to explode around my body.  There is no way I can stay in bed because the pain is too bad.  When I get up it takes about 1/2 hour to go away.  I could go on. I feel like I know I have MS but then I think well I am probably being dumb and overreacting.  I just want to know.
I realized I had this coldness problem a couple of days ago when I felt my son's face and thought he had a really high fever.  I put my face against his and he was totally normal and even a bit cool.  I then realized my hands were freezing so I put my hands to my face and they were perfectly normal temp.  SSSOOOOO Wierd!  I am sure I can think of other parts getting super cold in the past.  I have no idea how long I have really had MS.  Got dx'd yesterday and waiting for more info from tests.

D

hi

On the subject of feeling cold I had an mri and also I have a small banding of ms  the dr doesnt think that I have ms .However I get terrible pain inside my legs , like I have ice instead of marrow in my bones. B=My rear end is cold too. My feet and hands get cold and my skin can turn mottley when cold . But the pain I get inside my bones is bad like someone poured ice in them can any one help
i come from  china,my mom also has this cold felling too,but could not find a way to help.

can anyone help?thanks a lot.
Hey, te11me!  Welcome to the forum.  The best way to have a question answered is to post it in a new thread on the forum.  This is such an old question that it'll probably get ignored.

I've reposted the question for you on the forum - take a look at the 'back to the forum' link and you'll find it.  
i was watching TV and suddenly my right foot feel ice cold  and then spread  thru out my leg.  and then when  i told my dad to feel them  he didnt feel any coldness on my skin . And then it spread to my left foot .      If any one can help with this foot problem PLEASE e-mail me at ***@****  or call me at 616-583-9738 or 616-366-8027 right away if you know  how to treat this
I have been experiencing cold feet for months now but it's more prominent at night They are warm to the touch. I sometimes get up and fill a plastic dishpan with hot water (used only for soaking feet :-)) and sit for an hour or so trying to warm the feet. It's really annoying not to be able to sleep because of the coldness and achy sensation. I just found this forum and know there is considerable history of MS in our family. I never even thought to have this checked out. I'm going to read further on MS now as there are other health issues surfacing. Have enjoyed reading the posts. \

Val
I don't know what's going on with me, don't know if it's MS that has gotten me or something else, so I don't have a diagnosis yet but I've experienced this temperature paresthesia also. And it's something that leaves me feeling baffled because for me I feel cold all over, with goosebumps and shivers to boot, but in actuality my body is perfectly warm.

It got really intense in bed one night. I felt so cold that I put sweats, a t-shirt, a sweater and socks on and none of it helped. My hands were sweating because I think I was over dressed but my whole body was shivering. The thought occurred to me that maybe I had a fever, so I got out of bed to take my temperature, but no fever. That same night the muscles in one of my legs were jumping so bad I felt that I had popcorn popping in my leg all the way up to my buttock. The popping muscles kept me up till 3 a.m. So I'm guessing the temperature thing and the popcorn muscles were an extension of whatever is going on with me.

LOL! I just noticed I'm sitting here right now with goosebumps and am dressed very warmly with a kitty on my lap for added extra warmth but am feeling very chilly. And the furnace is running...I don't know what else I can do to try to get warm.

Hi I am 46yrs old female. Have told dr about sudden feeling of legs/hand/face feeling like ice water has been poured into me. Several yrs ago I was on my way to work. I don't remeber getting up taking a shower dressing or how I drove my self to work. I kept telling a co-worker not connecting. Had sever pain rt side back base of head. By the time I got to ER I could not walk slumped to left. I have since had same episodes. DR. said I was depressed have 2 stays in hopital for few days. had spinal tap, eegs, MRI's, DX migrains, I have had since a teenager never Dx at that time, memory loss after episode at work. DR dx nueropathy recently started taking med for that some relief. But contiued feeling of coldeness especially when temp drops below 60. Also increased loss of balance and not knowing I have urinate.
I too have experienced the cold body part. It happened on the left upper cheek. When I touched it, it was warm but the feeling of cold was still there, this lasted a couple of days.
My right leg and both feet used to feel like blocks of ice.  I wore leg warmers and wool socks in the winter and summer.  I also use those foot warmers that hunters use sticking one in the foot of the sock and one on top.  This went on for years.  It has been totally GONE for the last two months!!!  I don't know if it is one of the medications I am on or just something that has finally decided to leave me.  There is hope!
I can totally relate to the coldness of a certain body part. I was diagnosed 10 years ago and about 1 year ago my right arm especially my hand would and still does stay ice cold. Everybody I mentioned it to would say you have bad curculation. But now I really do think it's the MS. I always have to have it wrapped in a blanket when I'm relaxing. It's very annoying! I don't know why I never even considered it was the MS.
Hi there and welcome. You've posted on a very old thread, so I invite you to start a new one and tell us about yourself.

The distinction made in the comments above is that although the posters *felt* cold or cold spots, their family members assured them that these spots were not actually cold. That's what makes feeling cold or hot places paresthesias---incorrect information from damaged nerve pathways.

If everyone agrees that the spots are actually cold, then that is in fact a circulation issue, and not related to MS.

ess
Actually, cold feet that are actually cold may be a circulation problem, but that doesn't mean that the problem isn't caused by MS. On an old thread (http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Multiple-Sclerosis/MS-and-cold-hands-and-feet/show/509022), I described how a neuro told me that cold hands and feet are common in MS and that this can be caused by a problem with communication to the parasympathetic nervous system and from there to the blood vessels in the hands, feet and so on.

sho
I have had a cold arm for two years, nothing helps sometimes its normal but most time cold.  When its cold it hurts and my arm is tired.  Overall since getting MS I am always cold the crap part is the inability to warm up at all
I'm so glad I googled "ice cold feeling, legs, ms". This has been very helpful to me. I was diagnosed with MS in 2008. Just recently, the last couple days really, I have these icy cold "patches" on my legs... cold to me, but not the touch of anyone else. Very strange. Is this a symptom I should bring to the attention of my neurologist?
Hi Blayne!

Hi Typin24/7!

Nice of you to join us! I'm afraid no-one will see your posts on this old discussion. Can you copy what you posted here and start a new discussion if you've not done so already by using the green post a question button and we'll be sure to welcome you properly! Look fwd to having you here with us :)

-Shell
    Have any of you seen the documentary "Under our skin" about the relationship between Lyme disease and MS?  Hulu has it.
Is this a common symptom of MS I have this a lot .  I have been sick for almost four years with no diagnosis this is one of many symptoms I have had over the last four years.
Chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency or CCSVI is the problem most likely. For more info you can find it on facebook or youtube or just google ccsvi.
My bf has MS and experience similar coldness in his feet. The main difference from the comments above is that his feet are actually ice cold and his body temperature is relatively normal. Its cold by the touch. It is usually linked with his back pains. I use his feet as a tell all since he's gotten to the point of not telling me when he's hurting. I usually massage both feet til he feels better. I don't know what else to do beside that.
Hi :) I'm new here i came across this forum by chance i have not been diagnosed properly yet. The symptoms i am experiencing are:-
Every day at certain times it can come on at anytime of the day. My knees down to the bottom of my feet go freezing cold .I get numbness in the bottom of my feet and pins and needles in them. My ankles are sore and my knees feel sore and really cold .Sometimes my knees go stiff and click when i bend down to pick something up then i get shooting pain in them. I also have had it in my wrists and my fingers also go freezing cold. I have been tested for Raynauld's, have seen a musculo-skeletal specialist who told me that i have some wear and tear in my knees but nothing to worry about right now she has no idea what can be causing the other problems she thinks it could be circulation, and my other doctor thinks it's not circulation. I also have hole in the heart have had it since birth only very small hole but i was told it is nothing to do with this either i'm 40 now and it has never affected me before does anyone think it could be ms?
I am new to this forum. I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with MS when I was 20. Today I am having a symptom I have never had before. My right arm feels really cold and my right side (the side of my ribs and stomach) feel hot. Should I go to my neurologist or just let it run it's course? Also, is this common? Thanks!
I get painfully cold feet and legs and often get what feel like throbbing or shaking blood vessels especially at night, I can't seem to heat them up they just instantly heat up on their own at some point. My feet and legs feel numb a lot as well and these sensations cause me to have small panic attacks I haven't been to the doctor yet but I'm kind of worried and would appreciate other opinions
Hi folks
Anthony here... I have a very low heart Injection Rate... Age 35... I am  freezing cold all the time just started with new medication. My Neck even my face leg's and feet, arms hand's ice cold. Going for MS testing next..

I found heating pad help's or even sitting in my car with the temp set to 90 at times full blast... pins and needles are now all over my leg's at times.. hot shower's are heaven.. But hell to get out. Any other tips would be great to keep warm.....Thank;s all
That was confusing ..lol
Hello, I had a similar thing happen to me, I was watching tv then out of the blue from my ankles the cold sensation moved up gradually but quickly right up to my chest i have experenced this twice but not heard anybody talk about it, I think they think I am imagining it or losing my marbles.Quite a scary expeience
Hi everyone! Found this forum googling "cold right leg/arm". I haven't been diagnosed with MS as of yet, but it's been tossed around for the last year & a half. Going for my second brain MRI in a few days. After all that I've been thru lately, I hope they finally find something to work with so that I won't feel like I'm crazy anymore.
But anyway, on to the topic of discussion. I woke this morning to a completely numb right hand. I finally decided to get up, since I couldn't keep feeling in my hand, only to find that my entire right side is freezing cold. Not numb, so I didn't think too far into it until it wouldn't go away and is seemingly getting worse. My foot, calf, right butt cheek, shoulder , hand, and even cheek of my face are cold like I'm laying in a pond in the winter....well laying only HALF way in it, lol. As if...well, thanks to you guys, I have yet another symptom to go over with my doctor, as if the list isn't long enough.
Hopefully, I will find some answer soon. If I am finally diagnosed then I can promise I will be back to chat with you guys. It's definitely comforting to know there are other ppl out there that understand how I feel. Until then...*waves*

Erica
Hi my name is Sharita. I am new to this site. As a matter of fact, I never heard of it. I googled my symptoms and this is what was pulled up. I have been experiencing the issue of my legs feeling cold but they are actually warm to touch. They stay swollen all the time(except when I am sleep). As soon as I get out of bed, they begin to swell in the lower parts. I can touch them and put a dent in my legs. They have turned completely black. I went to the doctor but he said I did not have a blood clot. I have been hospitalized and had all kinds of test for blood clots, and all that. They are continuing to hurt and feel cold. Sometime when I put on socks, they feel a little better but they still continue to swell. It is like fluid build-up. Any suggestions?
I have been told i have relapsing/remitting MS... never believed it.  Had 10 MRI scans n told the same everytime.  I suffer with sensitive skin and the cold legs .... feels like they are bone cold and nothing warms them up.  Its painful n no one here understands... dont know what to do anymore, dont want to accept it.  I hope you find different answers for your problem xxxx
Hey, I have been told I could have lupus or other autoamione diease and have had this cold down deep in my bones going on for awhile and my doc says she has no idea what it could be. And like others ive read on here I have the hot feet to touch but feels cold to me. Could it be MS I have? And if it could be what test do I need to find out? Thanks for taking your time to read this and hope for a reply. Tracy
I have the same happening with me and all that helps with the swelling is putting my legs n feet up and after a few hrs it will go down some but that's it. Wish I knew something that could help us both with this problem. If you find out something that helps please let me know also. Thanks, Have a great day!
I have been told I have Lupus and sjordons also around 10 yrs ago also and now for the past few yrs have been having my bones feeling frozen deep in my bones and it is very hot where I live. Could I have MS also or is Lupus causing this coldness and numbness etc...?
I ran across this conversation while trying to figure out what could be causing my right arm to be cold. It's cold to me and to anyone who touches it. It's usually my hand and lower arm, but it can travel higher up my arm. I'm healthy. I've never been diagnosed with MS, but then I've never been tested for it. I had gestational diabetes, but that was more than 20 yrs. ago, and haven't had any trouble w/my blood sugar since then. I am overweight, and realize that's something I need to address. I'd like to know what causes this coldness in my arm...which doesn't happen often...is it something serious or just a part of aging. I'm 56.
I ran across this today and it is funny because one of my new parasthesias is at the back of my head near the crown and it feels like cold water is being poured over head, however it doesn't happen at times when I really need it to like a hot flash....
I am amazed to find so many w such simulator issues...my lower calf ake from a sensation of like bags of ice sitting on them for no reason..... i have not been diagnosed w ms but do have low thyroid and other unexplained things.....i am really not crazy
I have that cold feeling in my left calf, but it's not cold. I at first thought my leg was wet. Not so. Also, sometimes I can't stand how cold and painful my feet are, and yet they are not cold. I put on socks, rub them and they hurt and are cold. I have never been diagnosed with MS. I am guessing I need to have a long talk with my doc and see if she can help me. I hate this feeling. I do have Fibromyalgia, but never was this issue a problem when I was diagnosed. This just started about 2 months ago. HELP....I feel like I'm nuts!!!
Hi KL -

Quix pops in from time to time but is not a regular visitor to the forum. She has take a step back to focus on her 3D life.

Why not Post A Question and introduce yourself. We're pretty nice :-)

Kyle
Last night I felt ice cold in my legs even with 3 blankets...just couldn't get warm. Haven't had that happen in a long time. Usually my feet are cold, but this was extreme. Don't remember I became warm again. I guess I fell asleep. I was dx'd w/MS in 1995!

I'm E.  Thanks for the above commentary.  First useful thing I've been able to find.  Is anyone still on this list?  Most of the comments are very old.

I have coldness (I found this list searching "very cold legs")--I have Lyme; don't think I have MS.  It's always worse in cold weather.  My husband can feel it, though I think not as intensely as I do.  Long ago it was in my butt, mostly noticed at night.  After a few years that wasn't so bad.  A few years ago it was in one of my wrists, then the next winter both, but neither as bad.  They aren't really a problem now, except that I can't wear bracelets any more unless they are a non-chilling material (like cloth)--otherwise they make the bones ache.  For the last 4 - 5 years, it's been in parts of my legs.  Left is worse than right, and the areas that get cold follow nerve innervation areas perfectly, but the neurologist said it "wasn't neurological".  I don't think I believe him.  Fortunately, external heat does help (husband, heating pad, etc.)  Does anyone else find it's always worst at night?  And when I've been on my computer (no matter in what position or location).

In the mean time, I've had other weird symptoms that no one can explain (e.g., started doing pelvic floor exercises for a mild prolapse, find they make me incredibly light headed when I stand up), most of which focus around in my abdomen.  I've had all kinds of diagnostics run: MRIs, Ultra sounds, nerve conduction testing, colonoscopy, leg blood pressures--and not much shows up.

Sure would love to find someone who can tell me what's actually going on, but having read through the comment list above, I am back to suspecting it's neuro-Lyme or at least neuro some kind of infection.
Hi E - Welcome to the group. There are still lots of us here, though most of the participants on this topic seem to have moved on. This topic is pretty old. It was started over 7 years ago :-)

You may get better response if you Post A Question and introduce yourself.

Kyle