Myelin Increase
Has anything been shown to increase myelin?

Thanks for your time!
Hi, Ampky!

I don't know for sure if ALA (alpha lipoic acid) actually increases myelin, but in the video described below, a researcher and a doctor who has MS believe that ALA benefits people with MS.  In the video you can see the researcher looking at MRI films comparing them, and it appears that she thinks people using ALA have better-looking MRIs so perhaps it does help re-myelinate or at least it helps slow new lesions.

I encourage you to watch the video.

Go to Web MD, the MS section.  Click on "videos" then "treatment study."  The name of the video in question is "treatment study."

http://www.webmd.com/video/ms-treatment-study

Regards,

WAF
Hi Ampky,
I don't think we have crossed paths before but I see you are not new to MedHelp.  

We know that the myelin will try to patch the faulty areas in our wiring but I don't know that there is an answer as to how to increase myelin production.  If that were known, I think every last one of us would be on that therapy.

Repairing the myelin I think is going to hold the key to the cure for MS.  You may want to read more about the Myelin Repair Foundation - www.myelinrepair.org  

One of their members is somewhat active here and I'm sure Justine would be happy to answer your questions.

my crazy computer posted this before I was finished !  

As I was writing, you can contact Justine with your question and she will ask the researchers there for you if you want.  

They also have some very informative videos posted on youtube that you might want to check out.

be well,
Lulu
Thank you!  I'll look-into this as well as progesterone.