Need help with MRI results for 12 year old with severe back pain
My 12 year old's MRI report shows the following:
1.  Mild bulging disc in L2-3, L3-4, L4-5, L5-S1.  
2.  L3-4 shows mild to stenosis of the right neural foramen.
3. Partially evaluated ill-defined hyperintense T2 signal measuring approximately 2 cm in maximum dimension in the right upper lung.

I understand that this means mild herniation of her disc but I don't know what partially evaluated hyperintense T2 signal in right upper lung means.

Thanks for your help!
Hi there,
Sorry to hear your 12 yr old is struggling with back pain. I'm afraid you've posted your question on the Multiple Sclerosis forum, so it is unlikely anyone here will be able to help you out.

Maybe try posting on back pain or similar?

Sorry
Nx
Many thanks!! Will repost.  ;)
Hi -

Hyperintensities are radiology speak for "abnormality" . They are not always further defined in reports. MS hyperintensities are also known as lesions. The have a particular appearance and demyelination is often mentioned as their cause in reports. They also tend to be listed at the top of the list if MS is suspected.

Your child's report lists the hyperintensities at the botom and does not provide anything beyond the fact that they're there. For these reasons it seems unlikely that MS would be the cause of your child's unfortunate situation.

Kyle