Multiple Sclerosis Community
Neuro-psycho assessment done!

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Neuro-psycho assessment done!

Conclusion I am not Mad! stressed or anxious! and nothing within in these categories are causing or have caused the symptoms I am experiencing. She made this very clear that is what she will put in her report to the neuro. She went on to say I could contact if I felt the need to talk and she would see me in 3  to 4 months to see how I was coping with what is happening.

For the record we spent about an hour and half  simply talking, they had ask my husband to accompany me and basically went over our lifestyle. She even said that on occassions, people try to cover stress & anxiety but she could see that was not the case here. So there was no need to do any written tests etc....

She did say that sometimes people experience the neurological symptoms for a period and then they just disappear and there is no reason for it happening. My neuro had mentioned this too. If this is the case how long can it last and when does it start to get better not worse? has anyone any experience of this? I don't find anything googling that sort of thing.

So just everyone knows I am not MAD :)
Welcome to the not mad but having neurological symptoms club!

Cheers......JJ
This is great news!!  I'm so glad that you were'nt put through a long drawn out eval.  Sounds like she felt confident about how stable  you are.  It's good that you were honest with her becuase they really can 'smell out' someone who is attempting to cover something up.  

I do think that a neurological symptom can 'appear' to resolve itself.  But I don't believe that it is happening for no reason.  There may be early warning signs that are initially dimissed that later become part of a larger picture of disease.  I am not sure what she is referring to though, maybe she knows of some other syndromes.  

Maybe some others will know more about that.

I'm just glad that you don't need to go through more psych. testing.  :-)
One of the ways in which Multiple Sclerosis is deemed "multiple" is by its' frequent coming and going.  This is the most common form of MS, known as "RRMS", for "Relapsing-Remitting-Multiple-Sclerosis".  It gets worse, gets better, gets worse, and then gets better again.  Usually, it gets worse each time, and increasingly it fails to get all the way better when it gets better.

I am undiagnosed, but have been symptom free for a few months now.  If my symptoms return as they were, this will likely be an indicator to my neuro that MS is not off my list of possibilities.  Of course, we are praying that I remain symptom-free, and God has been gracious and faithful to answer us in that manner so far.  We pray that He does so for you.
Great!  Another issue down, hopefully this can get you on the road to more answers.
I am MAD... at my doctors LOL

That is great news. It's nice when you hear from a doctor that it's not all in your head. A little validation is always nice.

Congrats on this validation!  Now hopefully you can get answers to your real issues!

Addi