Neurology - Multiple Sclerosis
I have MS and intend visiting a member of my family who is in the Oncology dept in hospital at present, are there any dangers to me if I go to see him?
I'm not sure I understand what dangers you feel there would be. Perhaps if you provide more detail, we can help.
I don't see why there would be any dangers. I would think the patient you are visiting, especially if their immune system is weakened from cancer would be more at risk from germs brought in from the outside via visitors.
Ojibajo is so right about the patient being more in danger from germs carrier in by the patients.  It is known that hospitals are full of nasty stuff, just by the nature of what their business is - taking care of very sick people.  

Whether we have MS or not, visitors to hospitals should be sure to practice good hand hygiene - washing them thoroughly. We pick up those germs from door knobs, hand shakes, and even elevator buttons everywhere we go, but especially in hospitals (and schools! )

I hope you have a good visit with your relative and create some new memories.  best, Laura