Neuropsych Tests that take all day?
I am still in the process of Dx, but am trying to go back to work part time. My company has me jumping through a lot of hoops in order to do that. I can kind of understand that because it is a dangerous workplace with no set schedule, so you pretty much live in a constant state of jet lag. I don't think I can ever go back to full time, but one day a week will allow me to keep my health insurance, so it is definitely worth some hassle.

They now have me scheduled for some sort of Neuropysch tests at 9:00 am and told me to plan on being there most of the day. I have been trying to research this and I can't imagine what they have planned for me that could take all day! I am sure it will involve a  BROCAAS Test:
Behavioral
R:  Spontaneous recall      
R:     Cued recognition        
O:      Orientation            
O:       Organization            
C:       Concentration          
C:       Calculation            
A:      Apraxia                  
A:       Agnosia                
S:      Speech              
S:       Sensory Motor Reflex.  

Has anyone else been thru this kind of testing over such a long period of time? I am trying to decide if they are going to make me keep at it to simulate the fatigue of a realistic workday or what? I would really appreciate any input from people who have done these sorts of tests. I think I will do okay, I am feeling a lot better than I was a few months ago, but I have to admit I am a little worried about a 90 mile drive (one way) and then testing all day!

Valerie
wow! Company ordered is interesting, but it sounds like it is worth it to keep your insurance.

Neuropsych exams can spread over two days, believe it or not.  They test all sorts of cognitive function as well as observing the fatigue.  

If you have the 90 mile drive, would it be possible to go the day before and get a hotel room so you are well-rested?  Just a thought....

Good luck,
L
I went through a Neuro Psych test last year. My appointment started at 8AM and lasted until 1PM. So about 5 hours and I drove 2 hours each way for the appointment.

The test takes so long not to simulate a work day, but just due to the number of tests they do. For example they test your memory in various ways ( visual, auditory, categorization recall, cued recall, etc.).

This time also included a pretesting interview ( 1 hour)  so the doctor could figure out just what tests to do, the actual test ( with short breaks between sets of tests), and a post testing summary from the doctor when he told me the basics of what he found.  

Dennis

You think they're going to do a BROOCAAS, huh?  I have no idea what that is.  They gave me the Wisconsin one, which takes about the same time as Dennis' test.  
Thank you so much for the answers. It makes me feel better to hear that that time frame is normal!

Good idea, Lulu. I called to get permission to use my corporate lodging card for a hotel and also got a mileage and per Diem voucher! I had no idea that would be applicable. Maybe I do need a cognitive function test. ;)

Valerie

That is cool news - I am thrilled to hear that they will cover the added expense of your travel.  Perhaps the place you stay at has a nice indoor pool that you can take a relaxing dip or eat at a nice restaurant as a treat to yourself.

Let us know how when you are scheduled and how it goes.