New Night Time VIsitor
For the last week or so I've been awakened by muscle spasms in my calves, primarily my left leg. Flexing my foot a few times allowed the spasm to relax. Last night I was again visited by the calf spasm fairy. This time the outside of my left calf, almost up to the knee, hurt like a sunofabeach. The foot flexing didn't help. I had to get up and walk around to get the spasm to relax.

I'm hoping this is a temporary development. If not I may be forced add more pills to my all ready substantial night time handful...

Kye
Sorry to hear that, Kyle. I've been thinking a lot about this potential symptom lately. Over here in Ireland, new legislation is coming through for those of us with MS-related spasms and the medical cannabis product Sativex. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/medicinal-cannabis-regulations-in-weeks-1.1862137 If it turns out that it is MS-related for you, would pills be your only option or would something like Sativex be available?
Should this new development take on a more permanent status I'm going to be open to any and all solutions. Medical marijuana is The New Black. As a retired overuser of various recreational substances, I'm a bit leary...

Kyle
I think I'd take a similar approach; cautiously open to various solutions. (and thanks for the chortle. It is very 'on trend', isn't it?)
hmmmm not been woken up with a "sunofabeach" muscle spasm in my calf but i do have an inconvenient butt cheek/thigh muscle spasm that likes to wake me up in the middle of the night :D

When my left calf is as hard as concrete, i've found it sometimes helps a little if I make a point of stretching more through out the day, and massaging it before bed, though admittedly that sometimes does diddly.

Hugs...........JJ  
WOW.. I have been having the same problem.  Left calf has woken me up several times the past week alone.  My spasticity is going nuts... Going to see a neuro who specializes in spinal cord issues to see what he recommends,  my regular ms specialist suggested it when I inquired about botox.  Anything has to help cause I need sleep!!!
Hi Kyle,
I had that same problem about a year ago. It hurt so badly that I was in pain all night and couldn't sleep. My neuro prescribed me Diazapam. I take 1 pill before bedtime. It has been a lifesaver. I never get the painful spasms anymore! Maybe it will work for you too!

Good luck,
Deb