New Optomologist R eye pain
New onset R eye pain my Opto is on vacation so I had to see another one.  He said mild ON.  I had L eye pain same as this 14 months ago my opto would notd ON. Stated because vision was not blurred not ON. This Opto said mild ON because my vision was OK.  I go back next week for periferal ?(spelling) test. He said that would tell him more.  
My question is will this help toward getting a dx?

lala
Hi Lala,
even though ON is often the first symptom for many with MS, not everyone experiences it - I haven't had it that I know.  It will be noted in your records, but will not get you a dx onf its own.  

I hope your vision clears fast this time.
lulu
Thanks for info.  My whole experience with limboland started over a year ago with L eye pain.  That prompted my GP to order a MRI of the brain, that showed 2 lesions.  My Opto stated that he saw something on optic nerve but would not say ON.  My Neuro will not dx MS but will not say that it is not MS.  I have lesions and mild symptoms, now a positive dx of ON just hoping this will add to the list that may get me alittle closer to a dx.  Nobody wants MS, but the confusion and worrying and not knowing of limboland is not any fun either.

lala
Do you ever wonder if the neuros really just want us to keep coming back over and over until they finally get around to seeing what's been in front of them for a year or two?  I'm thinking 2 lesions & eye pain, followed by pain in the other eye and indication of ON might not be enough for a diagnosis, but it seems like some further testing might be in order.