Multiple Sclerosis Community
New Resource for People w/MS

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

New Resource for People w/MS

I wanted to let everyone know that I have FINALLY finished the Assistive Technology Resourse for Bathrooms.
I'm using the information provided to me through the poll that we sent out over week ago.  The bathroom aid are a durable equipment item and usually require your physician to write a prescription. If you will contact a local Medical Healthcare Suppliier they will take of the filing of insurance and bringing the device to you house.  I personally have one of the items listed and I can't imagine having to live without it.  The items listed also come in bariatric (for larger individuals).  

I will be posting more resources for very soon.  If you have any questions just respond to this post.
Thanks.
Thanks for doing this Lori,
I just read a comment in a book about assistive technology (AT) and the author made the excellent point about showers.

The author stated you should be smart and use AT wherever you can to conserve your energy for other things and the example given was in the shower - why stand and struggle with your balance and use your energy that way when you can sit and shower?  That sure makes a lot of sense to me.

thanks again for putting this resource together so we can think about what might work best for our personal needs before asking the physician to write a prescription.

Be well, Lulu
This is really cool. I learned a lot and I think all your struggles to get the pictures to work paid off.

The first time I fell was actually in the shower, a long time ago. I banged my head and felt like a right idiot, but figured I just had to be more careful (I attributed the whole thing to being at some relatives' house and that their bathtub floor was just too slick). These days I'm a little more prone to falling (and a little more paranoid) so I probably should be looking into some of these things.

sho
Thanks Lori, for doing so much for all of us here.  

I could have used some assistance last week when I couldn't get up out of the tub....hahaha

I'll keep with my showers from now on!!!

doni