No symptoms, whats the deal
Hello all, I've been on these boards alot last year, but not in half a year. Nothing major has occured. Back in April I had some tingling and pins and needles in hands over a couple of days, tho nothing too severe or limiting. Also on a couple occasions my calves felt weak or my ankles felt weak, but I didnt actually lose stregnth or mobility and the felling passed after an hour. I have had a clear EMG and MRI, blood tests are fine, and heck this summer Ive gone paintballing, to the beach, mountain climbing, and jogging - all heat-generating events! And no intolerance or whatever. Is the occasional finger twitch, zap in the shoulder, and itch in the calves and legs normal? The tiredness in the legs too (I do work 2 jobs, 6-7 days a week), does that happen to everyone? I'm so apprehensive about M S that I give my self the romberg balance test and the barber chair neck bend test 5 times a day. Not sure what to think; I've had some kind of anxiety about my health since about 4-2009, but nothing has gotten worse, in fact i'm in beter health now that ever (stopped smoking for a year, exersizing regularly). Can someone compare notes with me!

I haven't been around here long enough to know your history.  Are you diagnosed with MS?  Being treated if you are?  Basically, it sounds like you have made some healthful changes in your life and your body is showing it's appreciation.  Congratulations!  

We don't often hear people complaining that they have been too free of symptoms and are able to do too much.  My general rule has always been if I feel good enough for extra activity I'll go for it.  When I'm iffy or someone else is depending on my success I establish a back-up plan (and plan NOT to use it).  By constantly testing my limits I feel confident that I've done the best I can over the years but not allowed fear to cheat me out of genuine opportunity.  I haven't had a need to evaluate my body through regular neuro self-testing.  Symptoms speak loud and clear when I've crossed the limit.

Enjoy your good health.  Keep up with making your mind and body as strong as you can.  That will prepare you better than all the worry in the world on the day you need to call on your reserves.

Mary
2P, Thanks for getting back to me. No I am not Dxd with MS, but I worry about it. Just some things happen that cause me concern, and believe me I've been reading up on MS for the past year non-stop! Like every so often, I'll just feel a lil bit.. I dunno - seasick..? Like just a slight feeling of queaziness, but never straight up nauseous or dizzy. Nothing limiting, maybe it's just a diet thing. The sporadicness of these symptoms make me wonder if I've always been feeling them and shouldnt be worried, or if they are relatively recent developments. There doesnt seeem to be a "trigger" for any of these feelings. I guess it's just a waiting game, but overall I feel better than a year ago. But is this how MS can present itself, with little nuggets of symptoms and oddities years in advance before the big kahuana hits? I've read narratives here about how MS comes crashing in within a short space of time, and how it can also march in slowly over years and years. Hmmm . Well thanks for your input!
Worrying about MS into the future is robbing you of the present.  Please try to find a way to let go of this concern and get on with enjoying all the new things you have discovered you enjoy.  

The seasick feeling might be due to ear problems - have you seen an ENT to be evaluated?

I have told a number of people that looking back,  I probably have been living with MS for about 20 years or so.  And I am really glad I didn't know for that time.  It made living a whole lot easier and more fun without the MonSter lurking in the corners of my conciousness.  I would not have wanted to live in limbo for that period of time.  

Congrats on kicking the habit - you won't ever regret that one.  Stop testing yourself daily and try to let go of your worries.  Life is too short to be consumed with unfounded worries.

be well, Lulu