Numb patches
Okay, so I read it's common to have numb patches or partial numb patches in your limbs in MS. Terrific! (NOT!)  What I wanna know is, is it common to get pins and needles after you scratch these numb patches? How about in the shower when the water goes directly on that numb patch? Weird sensations?

I get pins and needles/weird sensations and the area gets larger, and the sensation goes down from my knee (where the patches is) to my foot, but once I'm out of the shower (say an hour later), it returns to the small patch again. The same thing happens when I scratch it.

Just bizarre! How in the world can you have a partial numb patch, then touch it, bump it, scratch it, and it goes totally bonkers with weird sensations and it gets larger with these sensations, yet it never comes back to full feeling? It's been since late November. OMG, I sound like I'm nuts! Argh!
Yup, yup, all of that - many MS sensations make me feel as if I'm insane.

I have large numb patches all over my body.  I stopped counting after a while.  Legs, back, arms, neck, stomach...  especially my fingertips and toes.  Some of the numb patches send odd sensations when they're touched.

I think it's because the nerve is damaged.  The myelin sheath acts like an insulator, and when that insulator is stripped off, then electricity can jump from one nerve to another, especially if that nerve's insulator is also stripped.  You get a weird sort of crossed wires problem, where the nerve is transmitting information to the brain when it should be quiet.
I'm a limbolander
I've gotten all those sx. it started in my right forearm underside. 1st there was a electrical, shocking, tearing pain when I moved it. then it went numb (to any degree) for 10 months. but it was usually 100% numb expect around the edges it was itchy, burning,pin and needles, prickly or that shocking pain. if you want, you can read my timeline from last year. you're not going nuts  
Well, that just *****. All this *****!!! And yeah, MS makes me feel like I'm crazy, and its ruined so many relationships I've tried to have. I can't keep them because nobody understands me!!

SUKS!

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Multiple-Sclerosis/Paresthesias---Things-That-Go-BUZZ-in-the-Night/show/378?cid=36

talk later!

Q
Thanks, Quix! That was an interesting read. A little depressing, but I'll eventually come to terms with it.