O/T - Snapping Blood Vessels
I thought I'd ask my brilliant friends of this forum about something that has happened in my fingers about three times in the last few years. I've googled it and even asked the doctor but not really received any insight...so here I am asking y'all. :)

This morning while getting ready, my finger suddenly felt like a rubber band had snapped it for nearly the entire length of my finger. It burned or stung when I touched it. My power had gone out so I couldn't immediately see what it looked like but by the time I could see there was a clear bruise left in the generally area. It's baffling because there wasn't an injury prior ... it's just as if the blood vessel snaps (and it feels that way too!)

Anyone have this happen to them and if so any idea's?
Mine do that and was told it was arthritis but go figure.......
hard to believe some of the docs!
don't get the bruise though.......R ring finger been doing that for about a year, I have to pry it back up, it folds down in half like a clothes pin.

anyone else?
That does sound like arthritis.

This sounds a little different.... the rubber band snapping is actually the pain of the bruise forming; like when you pull the rubber band until it snaps and hit you.The finger doesn't bend. Just the skin burns or stings then the bruise forms.  
I get this on a regular basis. It's just a blood vessel that was under strain most of the time with me.

I coud be carrying books or a bag of groceries and it happens even if I didn't actually hit the finger in question. It's a capillary that does these, I believe, I'd have look it up, but I so know the pain you feel.

Here's to no more snapping blood vessels!
Ren