OPTIC NEURITIS TREATMENT TRIAL FINAL
This is the final follow-up Report from the Optic Neuritis Treatment Trial from baseline to 15 years.

I cannot remember if I posted in the past - so here it is again if so:

http://archopht.ama-assn.org/cgi/content/full/128/3/330

~ Results  At baseline, diffuse loss accounted for 66.2% of the abnormalities in the affected eyes but only 6.2% of the abnormalities in the fellow eyes. During years 1 through 15, the affected and fellow eyes exhibited predominantly localized loss in the nerve fiber bundle region (partial arcuate, paracentral, and arcuate defects). At year 1, 35.7% of the abnormalities in the affected eyes and 34.4% in the fellow eyes consisted of localized defects. At year 15, 39.5% of abnormalities in the affected eyes and 26.3% in the fellow eyes consisted of localized defects. Foveal threshold was highly correlated with visual acuity and contrast sensitivity in the affected eye at baseline (–0.82 vs 0.79, respectively), 6 months (–0.84 vs 0.81), and 1 year (–0.84 vs 0.79).

~Conclusions  Diffuse and central loss were more predominant in the affected eye at baseline, and nerve fiber bundle defects (partial arcuate, paracentral, and arcuate) were the most predominant localized abnormalities in both the affected and fellow eyes during the study.

Follow the link for more details.
Very educational - especially where the both eyes are concerned 15 years out!

-Shell
FYI - Called the, Visual Field Profile of Optic Neuritis