O.T. the Royal Wedding
Last week my wife told me that she is having a few of the girls over to watch the Royal Wedding. I had to listen how she watched Diana get married & she won't miss this wedding either.

I hope to have a firm grip on sleeping out loud   ( snoring)  Friday morning..

I'll have to admit I might watch - I'll blame it on  being awaken  from the pain of  the cast still on my right ankle  :-}}

Johnniebear.
Oh go on Johnnie!! You just HAVE to watch it!

Now me and my dear old friends are all getting ready: we've washed the plastic plants and our Charlie and Di teapots are soaking, our commemorative tea towels are nailed to the front door and the commemorative silver spoons with Kate and Will's faces smiling at us are ready to go!

Yes, i'm kidding. but I do love a royal wedding, and in particular I'm really looking forward to watching the horses....in fact I've been following the royal mounted regiment on facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/HCMR?ref=ts

It starts at about 7pm friday our time down under. Though of course the lead up started weeks ago on tv...

You are to funny. Didn't we have a Revolution and decide not to have a monarchy?

What I am glad of is the German royal families are back on the guest list. My Godmother (no relation, family friend) was Queen Victoria's granddaughter but was cut off from the family during and after the the World Wars. She is long dead but her nieces, nephews and their children are back in the family. My parents lived in Spain under Franco and were close friends with the royalty of Spain and Princezz Alexandra so I got to learn all kinds of inside stories of what it meant to be Royal. It really was not that fun at times.

Alex