Multiple Sclerosis Community
OT social security

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

OT social security

Hey everyone I just got a letter from social security saying my hearing is September 13th I have filed for disability March of last year my lawyer said not to expect anything till end of this year beggining of next. I wrote a letter to my congressman asking for help I told them briefly what I am going thru and having not been officially diagnosed and also told him of the finaciall difficulty I am having waiting for a hearing I lost my house last year and its going down hill from there we are trying to live on $1500 a month our rent alone is $1000 so it dont leave much left for food electric etc. So if  you or someone you know has been waiting for a hearing write a letter to your congressman asking for help. They do what is called a congressional inquiry to social security it kind of flags your case and may bump tings up for you.

Kat
Sorry to hear you having such difficulties with SS. I'm surprised that you don't qualify for SSI based on your income. Good luck to you on your hearing in September.
Unfortunately the process is not fair and can take years. It depends on how many claims are being handled by your individual state at any given time. Most have an incredible back log.The work is contracted out and the companies have little incentive to expedite things. Most things go over someones desk first and they quickly decide whether to you get a hearing. Documentation is the key. I have known people who were not disabled but had huge medical records who got it. Everything in court is how much documentation you have.Most claims are declined once or twice. Most lawyers won't take the case until you have tried on your own. I hope your congressman can help.

That's unbelievable!  That's such a long time to wait !!!  
I hope you get approved....