Obesity and MS
This is in response to Ess idea of our own poll on Obesity and MS - lol.

Maybe we will find some stats to send to those involved in the original research

1
1. I am dx and was obese as a teenager

3
2. I am undx and was obese as a teenager

20
3. I am dx and was NOT obese as a teenager

4
4. I am undx and was NOT obese as a teenager
I will find this hard to answer,

I have struggled with weight all my life. After a shot gun wedding at 17 I had 2 children and one still birth by 19 years old which added to my weight problem.

But, until the babies I was not overweight.

Pat
So far wioth 6 votes, 66% run counter to the conclusion of the "study."  Hmmm.  

Beings that the proportion of todays obese teens is rising I would guess that any study that did not contain a full distrubution of ages and ages at onset could have a skewed result.  I was a teen in the '60s.

Q
Skinny kid, skinny teen, skinny young mom.  I got fat when my kid was a cranky teen (ahhh, comfort food!), but then lost the excess weight after she moved out.  Within healthy weight parameters at diagnosis.

Guitar_grrrl
Agreed but our poll facilities here don't allow us to ask year of birth too, maybe we should have another poll on the decade you were born and link the 2, by combining the average of both - lol.

It seems that the technique we are using here is at least as valid as that used by the researchers behind the original study.

Pat
When I was born in 1953, our generation was more physically active than the teenagers of today.  We didn't come in the house from playing until our parents were screaming our names to come in and eat dinner.  As soon as I stepped foot off the school bus, I changed my clothes and out the door I went to the community swimming pool.  Two times a week, I took ballet lessions.

I was on the volleyball team at school.  I went horse back riding for an hour every weekend.....

This is why I was not obese as a teenager.  

However, I WAS obese at the time of diagnosis in my 40's.

Heather
Skinny and athletic as all through my childhood up until I started having kids. I was a competitive runner since age 9.  My sisiter was obese as a teen though, but she doesn't have MS.

Julie
Never skinny.  I am solid, and always have been.  I am not obese, though.  There was a time 10 years ago when I got obese for about 2 years.  I was already 25.  I have had two children, I am 5'9" and weigh about 175.  I wear a size 12-14.