Multiple Sclerosis Community
Off to AZ in the am, still feel crappy

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Off to AZ in the am, still feel crappy

I probably won't be on here much for the next 10 days or so.  We are finally heading to AZ to meet my new grandbaby, Wyatt!   I so look forward to this!   We are also going house-hunting for our move there in June.  We are staying with a family friend who has a pool.  I am anxious to get in to see how it feels as I have heard so many good things about that.

We leave in the early am, driving.  I don't travel well as it hurts my body.  On top of that, my moms driving scares me too death!  It is a combination of her self proclaimed cautious driving (I sure don't see it that way!) and hard acceleration/breaking and fast and tight turns.  For instance, she makes complete stops at 4way intersections where she has the right of way.  I have seen so many cars break hard behind her when she does this.  When on the highway, she stays in the far right lane.  As soon as she can see a car coming down the onramp (she actually watches each onramp in search of cars) she breaks hard and keeps doing so until the car enters the highway.  Going from 55-65 mph down to 40 is not uncommon for this.  There are other things, too.  Maybe I am just being a terrible backseat driver??  I don't remember her always driving like this.  

I have to brace myself almost constantly (no exaggeration!) which keeps my muscles tense which adds on to the pain I have from the long trips already.  Yes, I have tried to talk to my mom about this yet it doesn't seem to change anything except hearing "I'm sorry" throughout the trip.  :/   Isn't it kind of backwards that I look forward to my daughter getting her license so she can be the driver?  Or praying each night that I will wake up with stronger, more controlled legs and better vision so I can drive again?

I do have books and my iPad to keep my mind busy for the ride, as well as the blanket I have been trying to crochet for Wyatt.  I should have been done with this a long time ago but my hands are giving me so much trouble.  I sure hope I can get it finished before we head back home!  I hope these things distract me from my moms driving.  lol

I still am having symptoms from my bladder infection, so I made an appointment to see my pcp today.  I also got Cranberry pills and will start those today.  I feel pretty crappy and I really hope it doesn't affect my trip too much.  But, I am taking my medical records binder with, just in case.  

Well, shucks!  I meant for this to be short and sweet but I went into left field with my moms driving skills!  My thoughts and prayers are still with you, samana and will continue until your family is all safe and sound...at home.  Good luck to all who have new neuro visits and tests in the coming days/weeks.  Red, I send you peace while I am gone...hang in there, gf.  To all those in flare, hang in there and rest...feel better!  And to all doing well, seize the moment!  Smell the roses!  I will miss you all!

Hugs,
Addi
I hope that the journey is not the rollercoaster that you fear and that the reward at the end will be worth it all. You must be so excited to see your new grandson Wyatt and so must your Mom. Hope that the UTI settles down soon and that the break will do you good. have a wonderful time and we will miss your thoughtful posts.

With love and hugs

Sarah x

Thank you, Sarah.  Thanks for reminding me where my focus should be.  The end result...Wyatt.  I need to quit fretting on the roller coaster ride to get there.  :)

I just got home from the dr.   My urine from before had not been sent out.  My urine today showed I still had inflammation going on and is being sent out for culture and sensitivity.  My doc wanted the number to reach me in AZ and he wants a number for a pharmacy there.  He will call me with instructions and told me yes on the cranberry pills.  

I also went and picked up Baylee's new MRI (spine).  The report points again to the CM1 but doesn't find any syrinx!  Yay!!  Only other note was a partial congenital fusion between C4 and C5.  I don't know what that means, but no syrinx is wonderful news!

Yes, Sarah, my mom is pretty giddy over meeting Wyatt, too! Baylee is already making plans to babysit.  lol

Hugs,
Addi
Good luck on your trip!! I know the feeling about not being able to drive and have to rely on other people.
We all know how close my mom and I are, but I do have to say, when my is driving me to my syracuse appts. that are 45 mins. away, she worries about the truck drivers and tells me everytime how she could never do that type of job!! LMAO its so funny because it's the main topic the whole way there and the whole way back everytime I have to go to syracuse.
She starts to get really nervous and is always saying " what are you doing, are you going to move over or what??? " Sometimes i want to jump in the drivers seat, with my eye  patch and all, and just drive!! Have fun, and Congrats!!
Pam
Addi,

Sending wishes for a great trip! How exciting to get to see Wyatt!!! Focus on that blanket on the drive and you'll find peace with that I'm sure.

Ouch about the UTI. Sorry you have one especially with a road trip but it's a great excuse to stop frequently for bathroom stops and  then you'll get a chance to stretch those tense muscles.

I'm excited for you!!! Can't wait for grand babies {(just not too soon : )}

Great news about the MRI results. A good omen for a the start of an exciting trip. Sending thoughts for safe travels.

Enjoy yourself!!!!!

Ren
Addi good luck with the trip and house hunting, dont need to send good luck on the granbaby, you'll melt and be in granny heaven! You'll have so much to say when you get back and i'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

I have times when i shouldn't drive and i dont (like now lol) but its head spinning to have everyone talking about me never driving again. My mother 'use to be' a good driver but lol when she drives over roundabouts, hits curbes, slows down for on ramps, stops to get on them, talks with both her hands whilst driving and thinks the speed limit is a choice. Its high time for her to be the passenger and she'll have to go into the back seat because she has a bad habbit of grabbing the steering wheel (whilst i'm driving) just so she can get move comfortable, HELO i'm driving!! I think everyone needs to stop picking on my perfect driving record and hide her keys!!

Its good news about Baylee, hope there's more to come. Go have a good time and fill us in when you get back.

Cheers........JJ  
Addi, they make tranquilizers for that kind of trip.... just kidding, but it sounds pretty nerve racking to be passenger with your mom.  Do your best to stay relaxed for the ride.

How exciting to finally get to hold Wyatt.... be sure and give him a hug and kiss from all of us, too.

safe journeys and check in if you can,
Lulu
Hi Addi,

Just concentrate on the end journey seeing WYATT :))))    AND your house hunting too.  It will be soo exciting for you, you'll probably won't even notice your Mums driving skills :)

I too am a dreadful backseat driver, and always comment on my DH driving, and he says to me "can you drive? No, so be quiet then :))"  Hmm  so I shut up :))  

Hope you do have a really fabulous time though, and get some nice pictures to show us.

With hugs to you all and Baylee too,

Debs x