Multiple Sclerosis Community
Off topic Ego stroke
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Off topic Ego stroke

At the risk of seeming (more) self-centered, I uploaded some pictures of some of my original designs in  quilting, needlepoint and knitting.  I didn't realize how easiy it was....I'm such a techno-tard!

Hope you enjoy.

BTW - Michael - what are your kids' ages?  Great art!

Now I have to go through and look at what everyone has posted!  What a great feature!!

Wingnut - it's easy.  Go to your profile and "edit".  Choose "Photos", click on browse to find the pictures on your computer.  Double click to upload and voila!

Quix
17 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
335728_tn?1331418012
You are a very talented lady!  You should be very proud of the beautiful work you do...I do some embroidery and crochet when I can see and it is a lot of work!   Good Job!!

Rena
Blank
Lining up to stroke your ego! Well-deserved too!

You have Gifts, Talents, Treasures! Thank you for sharing them!

Suzanne
Blank
Awesome work!  How long does the average quilt take, say, for instance the award winning one?  My favorite is the first one.

Up until last year  I made leather items like leather bracelets, chokers and purses, stamping (embossing) them and painting them. I don't have the patience  any more but sold a lot of stuff when I did.

I'd love to see other people's work.   Way to go.Quix, and thank you for sharing.

Marcie
Blank
233622_tn?1279338505
Wow! Those are beautiful!!  I don't have the fine motor skills it takes to do something like that.

LA
Blank
147426_tn?1317269232
Hi, there!  When I was working foulltime ....uhhh fulltime, I quilted in the evenings and on the weekends.  I machine pieced and free-hand machine quilted.  No patience for the beautiful handwork.  An average quilt would take a couple months.  Now, that I don't quilt at all, an average quilt appears to take forever.

The first one is your favorite - the first quilt or the first picture.  If it is the needlepoint, I did that one and designed it on the fly starting in the center.   I had just been disabled by vertigo and was pretty much bedridden. It is the best piece of handwork I ever did.  I gave it away and now only have the picture.  Maybe I'll do it again.  
Blank
Beautiful pieces!
Blank
398059_tn?1312888668
I wanted to pick a favorite for some reason, but i they are all so beautiful, including the cat.

My boys are 13 and 16.
Blank
251222_tn?1270939717
Very, very beautiful Quix. I love seeing everyone's interests and talents.

Hugs

Sher
Blank
373367_tn?1246405635
I love the purple celtic quilt!  Are you sure that you don't have ONE more quilt that you might want to make....a crazy quilt depicting a "wienie roast"????
Blank
wonderful, and a joy to see, thanks.hope you can get back to it once again one day!
you...gal, are multi-talented!!  and smart and sweet to boot
Blank
420469_tn?1217650963
Hi Quix,

Just felt compelled to touch bases. My mom also designs quilts between her 9-5 job. She has a company that's starting to take off and loves quilting.

I have to put in my vote as the octagonal (I think it's 8 sides, I didn't count though) peace sign. I love the colours, and the design and think it's completely lovely!

And no, I don't quilt...don't sew, and barely cook! LOL

Christine
(un-dx)
Blank
420469_tn?1217650963
I apologize, it's a hexagon!

Love it!

Christine
(un-dx)
Blank
The first picture which is not a quilt was my favorite.  I do love all of them, though. Marcie
Blank
222135_tn?1236491821
Fantastic work! My fav is the purple celtic - it's striking!

Penn
Blank
378497_tn?1232147185
Those are very pretty. Nice work.
Blank
Beautiful work.  Wow, must be nice to be extremely intelligent and have creative talent too!

You, self centered?  Not in this lifetime!  You are the most selfless person I know!  Quit being silly!!!!!

Hugs
doni
Blank
beautiful work.  I too love to quilt and do other handiwork - refinish furniture, turn trash in to treasure, etc...

Thanks for sharing - since my dx I keep feeling like my ability to do this kind of work is limited - nice to see other still enjoy it.

J
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank