Multiple Sclerosis Community
Ophalmological positive for posterior vitreous separation--help....

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Good day all,

I received a letter from my ophthalmologist.  I am wondering if this will help in getting a diagnosis by neuro?
She forwarded a copy to him.

When I saw her 4 years ago, I told her that I was being ruled out for MS.  Several times in this letter, she talks about my MS as a diagnosis.  My neuro is probably going to freak thinking I told her that I have MS.

Anyway, she states that, of course, there appears to be no neurological changes related to MS with the optic nerve.

"The patient does have floater in left eye resulting from a posterior vitreous separation."

Impression:
1.  Floaters in the left eye.
2.  Thyroid eye disease with mild rhinos.
3.  MS intermittent diplopia.  However, no signs of multiple sclerosis related with optic nerve neuritis.

I go to the neuro next week and I am going to have to tell him that I never told the eye doctor that I was diagnosed.

Any opinions will be helpful......

thanks...
terri
Is this letter or report from an appointment you had 4 years ago?  Floaters are common as we get older, the vitreous gel inside the eyeball starts to change and we have floaters.  They are a nuisance.  

I don't know what the other stuff is.  Maybe you should be seen before your next neuro as this information is so old.

I wouldn't worry about him thinking anything negative about the comments.  You could just tell him that you were trying to rule out MS.  He isn't going to be upset with you.

(((Hugs)))

No, this is a new letter I just received.  I saw the ophthalmologist last week.  I could tell by the look on her face she knows it is MS, and by her comments.

You are right, I am not going to worry about what my neuro thinks of the letter.  

You should read the "link" I found on MS and the eyes.  I posted this right after this post.

thanks...

terri