Multiple Sclerosis Community
Optic Neuritis - Bilateral? Unilateral?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Optic Neuritis - Bilateral? Unilateral?

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how many of you have had bilateral optic neuritis and how many have had unilateral optic neuritis?
I'd really like to know how prevalent bilateral optic neuritis is in MS?

Feb 2009 the eye doctor said I had optic neuritis in my left eye. And he didn't really check my right eye for it, because I can't really see that well out of my right because I have a lazy eye (and it hurts often anyway).

Now I went for a follow-up visit and the opthamologist says after doing a long test, that I had optic neuritis in both eyes. I'm not sure if it was simultaneous or one and then the other.

Thanks,
Kelly
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
293157_tn?1285877039
Hi there.. I dn't have a Dx of ON.. I'm Dx with MS but havn'e tbeen dx with ON.  I do have problems with my right eye..pain, achy, behind my right eye.  the pain is not stabbing but more of an achy pain, twitching, pulsating eyeball.  It comes and goes, I will have it for a month then gone for a few months.

the Neuro opthomo can't see anyting wrong..??  I have double/blurry vision as well and it can get so bad at times that I need to cover one eye to see properly.

I hope to get some answers as they can't figure this one out.. I'm sure alot of people have this too.

take care
'wobbly
Blank
233622_tn?1279338505
So far twice in the right eye.

LA dx'd
Blank
1225331_tn?1333369369
bump
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Hi Kelly, I'm sorry I can't be of help with this one.  I thought I had ON but it turned out to be a major case of dry eye.  I think I am in the small % that has never had ON but I do have MS.

Anyone else out there who can help satisfy Kelly's curiosity?  - Lulu
Blank
645390_tn?1338558977
Do u mean Bilateral ON at the same time? I have had one episode of ON. They were separated by about 9 months. 1st the R eye, than the L 9 months later.
Michelle
Blank
1225331_tn?1333369369
Thanks.

I guess any bilateral at all - consecutive bilateral (as in the case of Michelle's - one after the other) or simultaneous bilateral.

I'm still not sure which one I have/had. I know for sure my left eye was Feb 2009, but not sure if the right eye made the appearance at the same time, or sometime between then and now.

I just know that both eyes now show signs of having had optic neuritis.

Thank you.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank