Outstanding CCSVI update and analysis
I have just read the Wheelchair Kamikaze's most recent blog (Thursday)

http://www.wheelchairkamikaze.com/

in which he describes CCSVI status in attempting to treat MS. Having read his posts many times over the months, and seen that he has been a big proponent of this type of intervention, I now note that he is presenting the other side of the picture for his readers' consideration. His message boils down to 'be careful.'

One point of his particularly struck me. He wants his readers to beware the various well-publicized offers made by doctors or facilities in several countries to come for a combo tourist visit and CCSVI treatment, including stents, if indicated. These are being advertised at all-inclusive prices ranging up to US $20,000. The Kamikaze notes that those who take advantage of these packages are putting themselves in the hands of doctors with unknown and maybe questionable skills. He also says that if there are subsequent complications, the patient may have nowhere to turn, and his or her home neuro may be unable to help.

I point this out now because I have seen a new poster on our forum who has placed all her hopes on a procedure to be done in Poland. I too hope that she does well, but I'm very fearful about this sort of thing. It's not something that I would ever choose, speaking for myself, yet I can understand how frustrated she must be as things are now.

If you have time, check out the Kamikaze's web site. It's very informative.

ess
The other salient point to this discussion is if you are going to go out of your area to have this treatment done, you will need a doctor in your home area to do follow on care.  The CCSVI board on facebook is now talking about the importance of continuing medical care after the treatment.

If you have not read Kamikaze's blog, do check it out. He is a hero of mine, and I don't say that lightly.  

Lulu
I just finished reading his latest post, as well, and I'm also a huge fan of his.  There's so much to explore on this issue.  I'm going to sit tight and watch what happens.