Multiple Sclerosis Community
Ozone therapy and alternative therapies for multiple sclerosis

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

One of my family members has been diagnosed with MS in early stages. She is currently on Rebiff.

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences to share with ozone therapy, and any other alternative forms of therapy for MS. Please let me know.

Thanks,
PKD
I'm sorry to hear you relative has RRMS, but please know that this is not a death sentence.  There are now many treatments available to us and the majority of us will live a long, fairly normal life, in spite of having MS and its symptoms.  The majority of us will not end up in a wheelchair, if that is what you might be thinking.

Ozone therapy has been shown to not be effective and in fact, can be dangerous to humans.  It is possible to over oxygenate the human body.  Please do the research so you will see that this is NOT a good option.  Have you been approached to buy equipment for this therapy?  Often it is being sold as a cure when all it does is line the pockets of the seller.

There are many alternative treatments (AT) for MS discussed, especially on the internet.  Be sure that the research is done  and don't be tempted to part with money  for a treatment for her -to date there are no known cures for MS and no AT's that hold up under scientific review.

We're happy to answer any questions you might have.  Good luck to your relative. ~Laura
I second Lulu's thoughts, here.  OTOH, I use Acupuncture to help manage my spasms, and right now, my trigeminal neuralgia.  I helps me keep my doses of conventional therapies (ITC, Gabapentin and Trileptal) low.  I also do Yoga to stretch my spastic muscles, and the meditative aspect of it helps me to be here, now.

Diet has been tossed around as an AT, but again, there have been no large conclusive studies that confirm diet helps MS.  No matter if we have MS or not, we should all be eating as healthfully as possible, relying on REAL foods (not packaged stuff with additives).

Good luck to your relative, and to you, too. : )