Multiple Sclerosis Community
PLEASE!!! CAN ANY ONE TELL ME WHAT THIS MEANS???

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Hello,  I just came across one of my M.R.I.s  and was reading through it !!

IMPRESSION : multiple foci of T2 hyperintensity are stable,
but with slight increase in conspicuity.  does this mean MS?

Thanks Denise61
Now, I'm not associated with the medical field AT ALL, but to MS that means:

Impression: Lesions are stable, but are more obvious than before.

Have you had an MRI previous to this one?  

Christine
(un-dx)
I meant to ME, not to MS

Christine
yes i did!!!
So, as far as I understand, the abnormalities on your 2nd MRI are the same as your first, but are more obvious than last time.

Christine
This word comes from the word "conspicious."  More seen.

So I take this to mean that the radiologist is saying that compared to the previous MRI, the lesions last seen are now "more seen or more evident" than the last set of films.

What does your doctor say about this?  Have your old lesions grown in size?

Heather
HI and thinks for resonding, I have to leave the house now!!!!. club and work!!!

I Wll talk when i get home from work!!! early am.. talk then.

Denise 61
I have been studing multiple sclerosis for over one year and it is my understanding that the only way you can get a lesion in the thoracic spine is from mutiple sclerosis. I would suggest for you to have a spinal tap to look for Oligliocolonal bands in the spinal fluid. When you have a MRI done you should make sure that the MRI is done to MS protocol. Many MRI test that are done are scanned every 5mm, to look for MS lesion the technician should do the scan every 3mm because lesion can be small and missed at every 5mm.
Hi, Sherry , thanks for your help!! the protocol part  will tell them!!! also i have  had the spinal tap and no bands, also the nerve  test and OK too. ooooo I had a cervical spine w/o ctrst 9-30 05. the conclusion: mild degenerative changes in c3-4 facet joint; other wise essentially negative.

Thanks Denise                    
Hello, and thanks for helpen me!!    I have 3 mri s here and they are from all different Rodiologicalest!!! <wrong spelling maybe!!!  to tell you the god forbiden truth iam trying to figuer your question, compared part!!! iam sorry!!! iam so mad i can not seem to understand!! thats relly happening a lot lately.  I will try some time tomorrow !!! thanks for trying to help me!!  

D
Sounds like you have had the work-up that you needed at this point to rule out MS, However it could be so early into the disease that there are not enough lesions to diagnosis MS. I would suggest to do a follow-up MRI  and spinal tap in 6 months. Remember that a spinal tap only draws off 10ml of fluid so if the OCB are not in abundance there is potential to draw a "blank" specimen. Wait 6 motnhs and retest. Also MS lesions do not enhance on MRI, any lesion that enhances or takes up the contrast on a mri is a lesion that has a vascular supply. Lesion from MS are nothing but a "scar". IF you have an area that is enhancing on a MRI then you are not looking at MS.What are your symptoms??
Please read our health pages about MS lesions. They directly contradict what you have said, so you may have some comments. From everything I have read elsewhere, you are not correct in your assertion that MS lesions do not enhance. It depends on the stage they are in.

ess