Multiple Sclerosis Community
Pain down left side of shoulder arm hand and down my leg?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

I was dionosed with Fibromyalgia back in 97 and  I have had nothing bout health problems ever since.My question is can ms cause pain numbness n stabbing pains from the left side of my body starting from head to toe.Espeacially in my arm and hand.My left arm and hand and leg hurt and feel heavy.Also i have been suffering from overactive bladder for years but all of a sudden about 4 weeks ago is when all of this started with just the left side really bothering me n going to the bathroom when i begin to get up i have to sit right back down cause i feel that i still have to use the bathroom.also my neck hurted so bad that i cryed cause i had a hard time taking my shirt off cause it hurt to lift my arms over my head.I forgot to mention that i have also been suffering with Scoliosis in my back and neck since 97 also.The Dr sent me for a nerve condution test and he said that i didnt have carpal tunnel and told me that my family Dr will probably send me for a brian MRI to check for other thing like MS.Please help me understand whats going on with me.Im used to living with pain but this is really bothersome for me also i forgot to tell you that i have to blink a few times cause it's a little blurry n also i get light headed and nauseous and lose my balance sometimes..I also find myself having a hard time understanding what people are saying i feel as if im in slow motion and sometimes my words dont come out right.Im also having to ask my husband to repete his self to me .My memory is getting really bad to my husband will ask me to go and get him something to drink and then by the time i get in the kitchen i done forgot what he ask for. PLEASE help me.

Sorry you are going through this. Fibro is a very painful disease and I couldn't begin to imagine what it is like having to live with it.

Have you been to see your GP to talk to them about hwat is going on or have you been to talk to your Rheumy? Could this be a flair of your Fibro. Sorry I am not well versed on all the symptoms of fibro.

I do know that there are a few here that have a dx of MS and fibro and that it is not uncommon.

I think you should see your doctors and maybe get a referral to a neuro for further evaluation. If it is MS you will want to get a jump on it as soon as possible.

Wishing you the best of luck! Take Care and keep us informed.
Paula