Multiple Sclerosis Community
Post Lumbar Puncher Back Ache
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Post Lumbar Puncher Back Ache

Hi Guys

Can any one advise me i had a lumbar puncher done on Monday this week..Been diagnosed with RRMS  i was lucky not to have the headcahe or nausea as they used a smaller needle in my back as they say it reduces the risk greatly.

However i understand that my spinal cord is not used to having a needle inserted into it..and it's like a form of surgery can any one advise how long i may suffer with lower back pain or aches it's lot better than it was say 2 days ago and i have been resting. defo no exercise for me this wek either.

Thanks in advance.

Kerry
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1896537_tn?1381903609
Sorry to hear about your back pain but glad you didn't get the headache! I did and it hurt like you wouldn't believe! Have you tried Ibuprofen or similar for the pain? It reduces inflammation so might help together with rest. A lot of women get niggling back pain after an epidural in labour so its a similar kind of thing really. Maybe give it a bit longer to settle down and then mention it to your doctor if its still there.
All the best, Zoe
Blank
4907540_tn?1361980455
Hi Zoe

Thanks for the advise yeah have been taking antiflammotories and pain releif which does help.

I kinda thought it may take a week or two to settle down but just wanted to hear other peoples veiws..

Sorry to hear that you suffered badly with headaches that couldn't have been much fun..

I usually suffer from headaches and that was what i was not looking forward to the most..

I will mention to the doctor if it doesn't settle in a week or so..

Thanks again

Kerry x
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Kerry, my achiness lasted less than a week.  So sorry to hear your discomfort continues.  If it still feels out of sort today, please call your doctor and get their recommendation.  You are coming into the weekend and don't want to have problems when you can't reach your doc.

good luck and feel better, Laura
Blank
4907540_tn?1361980455
Hi Laura

Thanks for the message it doesn't seem as bad as it was i'm just guessing that every one is slightly different..

Also when they did do the LP they touched the nerve as it sent a tingling sensation down my bad leg so it could be that might be the problem..

i went back to work today only a desk job but had to drive so i may have just aggrevaited it a little.  i'm on leave next week from work.. but i may just give the doctors a call and ask there advice anyway..

Thanks again

Kerry x
Blank
667078_tn?1316004535
I had a back ache so bad I cried  the first night but it was better each day and gone in a week.
   Alex

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank