Probable MS
Went to the neuro today. It took about 2 hours because he lost my test results and had to have them faxed again. Found out LP, VEP and spinal MRI where fine. So that left me with 2 relapses, lesions on the brain and several sign in the exam. So he said "probable MS"? -hat does that mean? He is putting me on rebif. He also gave me amantadine for the fatigue. Has anyone taken this? Does it help?
Mandy,
That means you have one very smart neuro who isn't going to take a chance and make you wait for more evidence before you start treatment.  This is often hard to get - if you have probably MS you need to treat it agressively  - that is our best chance of staying ahead of this MiSerable disease.

I'm sorry you have probably MS, but at least now you have  a name to put on this enemy.Sorry but I have no experience with most of the MS drugs, including amantadine, though often I think I need something for the fatigue.

be well,
Lu
Hi I haven't been on Rebif.. I don't take DMDs.. I do take Amantadine and find it helps abit with fatigue... I'm supposed to take two pill.. one when I get up and the other before noon...trouble is I get up at 10:00 alot of the time so I only take the one pill.. so I'm really tired again by 2 or 3..

I should try to get up earlier, but that is so difficult to do.
let us know how things go wth the meds.
I'm glad you found a Neuro that will treat you .. stay intouch
wobbly
dx
Thank you for your replies. I just couldn't understand why I got the probable MS instead of definate MS. I had several brain lesions on MRI, I've had 2 flairs in a little over a year, I had several signs show up in the exam, and he said everything else has been ruled out so there is nothing else it could be.
Sounds to me like he has the courage to prescribed Rebif to slow down the progression of your MS, but not enough courage to call it MS. Why, I couldn't begin to guess, but it's good news he's willing to prescribe a DMD to battle the progression of you probable disease.

I don't know anything about amantadine, but again, sounds like he's really trying to help you out with your sx's.

Good luck!

Mike