Multiple Sclerosis Community
Probable MS
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Probable MS

Went to the neuro today. It took about 2 hours because he lost my test results and had to have them faxed again. Found out LP, VEP and spinal MRI where fine. So that left me with 2 relapses, lesions on the brain and several sign in the exam. So he said "probable MS"? -hat does that mean? He is putting me on rebif. He also gave me amantadine for the fatigue. Has anyone taken this? Does it help?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
572651_tn?1333939396
Mandy,
That means you have one very smart neuro who isn't going to take a chance and make you wait for more evidence before you start treatment.  This is often hard to get - if you have probably MS you need to treat it agressively  - that is our best chance of staying ahead of this MiSerable disease.

I'm sorry you have probably MS, but at least now you have  a name to put on this enemy.Sorry but I have no experience with most of the MS drugs, including amantadine, though often I think I need something for the fatigue.

be well,
Lu
Blank
293157_tn?1285877039
Hi I haven't been on Rebif.. I don't take DMDs.. I do take Amantadine and find it helps abit with fatigue... I'm supposed to take two pill.. one when I get up and the other before noon...trouble is I get up at 10:00 alot of the time so I only take the one pill.. so I'm really tired again by 2 or 3..

I should try to get up earlier, but that is so difficult to do.
let us know how things go wth the meds.
I'm glad you found a Neuro that will treat you .. stay intouch
wobbly
dx
Blank
Thank you for your replies. I just couldn't understand why I got the probable MS instead of definate MS. I had several brain lesions on MRI, I've had 2 flairs in a little over a year, I had several signs show up in the exam, and he said everything else has been ruled out so there is nothing else it could be.
Blank
1140169_tn?1370188676
Sounds to me like he has the courage to prescribed Rebif to slow down the progression of your MS, but not enough courage to call it MS. Why, I couldn't begin to guess, but it's good news he's willing to prescribe a DMD to battle the progression of you probable disease.

I don't know anything about amantadine, but again, sounds like he's really trying to help you out with your sx's.

Good luck!

Mike
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949