Rebif and headaches
I just started Rebif after being on Avonex for 7 yrs. I’m still on the beginner packet. Next week Monday I start the full dose 44mcgs. What I have noticed is that I have a headache the day after and lasts all day. Maybe one or two days I have no headaches. I also suffer from depression. The headaches really suck, and with the depression I’m just not happy. I hate life, I’m sick of this MS stuff, and also I suffer from nerve damage from a botched up surgery that was suppose to control my excessive sweating. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to cope?
Hello and welcome. We're glad to have you join us.

Why did you switch from Avonex? Did you have these symptoms with that? Both meds can cause depression or make it worse, so I hope you're being medicated for that.

Also, both meds can cause headaches and similar flu-like effects. Many of us here cope well by premedicating with a long-lasting over the counter pain medication.

MS will never be easy, but we can minimize things fairly well.

If you are being treated for depression, make sure your doctor knows what's happening now. You might want to try Copaxone, which doesn't have these effects, though it has its own for some people. Please talk to your doctor.

Again welcome,
ess