Multiple Sclerosis Community
Regarding my MS Second Opinion

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Regarding my MS Second Opinion

Hello all:  I had posted a couple questions some time back regarding RR MS and my Second Opinion to an MS Specialist in Dallast I did not have it, I just let it go... I do have several lesions in my brain that were not related to MS. I did find out I had Carotid Artery Plaque and Ischemia of my brain.. This is a far cry from a diagnosis of MS!  It seems to me that the Neurolgist I was seeing would of know the difference between the lesions for MS and Ischemia. I was told it was a good thing I was on Coumadin NOW, seeing I had this.   A chance of me having a stoke is not uncommon, and I could of had a clot form in my brain as well.  My theraputic levels are suppose to be between 2-3.  Sometimes they get down to 1.6 !!  I feel fortunate not to have had anything happen to me knowing what I do now.   I had this bad PE 2 weeks after going off AVONEX injections last year.  This tells me that I had a clot problem and at that time was not on a thinnner!!   SO, If you have doubts about getting another opinion, then go with it,, It was worth it for me.  myrudy

Myrudy -

I am so glad you did get a second opinion and are on the right track!!   How are you feeling these days?    

Jen  

I had a PE last week and joined the Coumadin club.  I hate it.  I wasn't on Avonex, I am on Tysabri.  Are you feeling better these days?
Well it has been some time since being on here.  I have been doing fairly well considering the fact that I have been on this Warfarin.  It is getting a little more theraputic, and maybe it will finally get to a range and stay there!! I had another opinion by an MS DR in Dallas, and he said NO MS!!!  I felt like I was starting all over again!!!  But I still deal with my legs pain which is Peripheral Neuopathy. No diabetes though. But it is so hard to walk each day,  I have extreme fatigue and sleepiness during the day. My Dr is checking my VIT B12 and putting me on it. He is also suggested I take Alpha Lipoic Acid for my legs, which I can find in a health food store or maybe OTC.. I had gone to Dallas about 3 months ago for a few days and ended up having severe nose bleeds!! Had to call the Medics the first night. My sats% went down to 86 and my b/p was 160/108. I have never had this before.  My INR was normal at 2.8. It happened again the next day while I was taking a nap and the bleeding was worse. My son took me to the ER in Dallas and they did a CT of my head. No sinus problem! Prob from dryness or a vein that broke?  Do have Carotid Artery problems though.  Really don't know. I went off the Warfarin for a day and then back on it.  It has never happened since I got home.. YEAH!! But my ALK PHOS was high and it is not from meds.??? So my Dr ran more blood work.. Probably my age catching up with me. I stay busy and walk a lot. It has been so hot here in TX that is nearly impossible to do anything right now. But hate having to be on this med!! Hope I can get off it one day; maybe?  How are you? Write back if you can. Thanks for your concern. myrudy