Multiple Sclerosis Community
Remedial Effects of Tysabri?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Remedial Effects of Tysabri?

I had my first infusion on Tuesday. My understanding is that the drug makes it harder for the misbehaving T-Cells to cross the blood-brain barrier. If they can't get out the can't mess with my myelin.

There are no officially advertised remedial effects from Tysabri. But I could swear that I have a little more energy and my legs feel a little stronger. Is this wishful thinking?
From everyone I talked to, there is a feel good/better effect with the Tysabri that lasts about 3 weeks.  About that 4th week you will know that you are ready for the next one.  It may be wishful thinking for this first infusion, because I hear it is usually three or so before the effects really kick in. But hey, if you are feeling better we can't complain, right?

No gripes here!