Researchers investigating lisinopril to treat MS
It’s still a long way away … they’re only now designing the phase II trial for a drug already approved and commonly used as a blood pressure medication. In fact, the company doing the trial seems more excited about its supposedly streamlined trial process than the drug itself:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/transparency-life-sciences-obtains-exclusive-option-from-stanford-university-for-use-of-lisinopril-in-multiple-sclerosis-2012-03-05#

I didn’t care for some alarmist language in the news release: “This (deterioration of myelin) causes nerves to malfunction and can lead to paralysis, blindness and early death.” I wouldn’t normally link to stuff like that, but the connection to Stanford University gives it some legitimacy for me

As with any other MS drug, there is no free ride. Lisinopril and other blood pressure drugs (ACE inhibitors) can cause angiodema, according to this article today:

http://www.buffalonews.com/life/health-parenting/peoples-pharmacy/article750120.ece
I doubt this will amount to much. I noticed in the article that they are basing this on "Animal Model MS" which is not really MS. This only mimics the same symptoms as MS and is easily induced in animals from what I have read in the past.

Also I have been on Lisinopril for most of the years I have MS. My MS has been progressing quite nicely. Besides how would they give it to someone that has normal or even low blood pressure without causing the patient more problems?

Dennis