Multiple Sclerosis Community
Review by Radiologist of my MRI results

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Review by Radiologist of my MRI results

Hi again,    After all these abnormal test results and a chance encounter, I have asked the radiologists to have another look at my MRI results.  

My reports reads as  
1. There is a small linear focus of altered intensity in the pontine tegmentum in the mid line.
2. There are scant small foci of increased signal intensity in the cerebral hemispheric white matter which are predominantly peripherally distributed although there is a small lesion of the periventricular white matter adjacent to the right temporal horn anteriorly.  Although not numerous the distribution and morphology of these white matter hyperintensities is not typical for microvascular ischaemic aetiology.  

The chance encounter was with a patient who came into my work and was telling me that she had been misdiagnosed by ....you guessed it.....my neurologist.  He had told her that she had had TIAs (little strokes) and in fact, after another 'turn' was taken to hospital and found to be having epileptic fits.   She said that he never really listed properly to what she said....

This made me think that his interpretation of the above result could also be incorrect.   He is basically telling me that I am old, overweight (just lost 10kgs) with insulin resistance and that the lesions were ischaemic in nature.  He said that I need to be reviewed by a cardiologist (seen one in April.....clean bill of health, had cardiac echo and  passed stress testing with flying colours).  He has given me no answer for all the abnormal tests....  BLAH BLAH BLAH    I won't go into all that again!

The radiologists are re-reporting my MRIs and if they stick with their report,  then I will definitely seek another neurologist's opinion.  

Ironically, since all this testing began back in June, I am now gradually feeling a lot better and my violent myoclonic jerking is slowly easing off......not gone completely but I can at least get to sleep and stay asleep.  My eye issue continues as does a lot of my leg pain and weakness.  

Thank you whoever you are who mentioned asking the radiologists to re examine the MRIs......I would never have thought of doing that.

P

You know, I am glad you are feeling better. I am as well despite some continued vision issues and facial sensations. I am going on my 4th/5th week of not have eye pain on movement. YAY! My myoclonus, tremor's and twitching are a little better as I haven't woken up to it as often. For awhile there, I was concerned it was progressing and I can remember in June being a bit freaked out by all my symptoms and fatigue. I guess, I am remitting.

I think it's time to see another Neuro no matter what. He's disregarding your tests and not giving you feedback. He seems to make a decision of what he thinks *it* is and attempts to validate his decision instead of listening to the patients symptoms and looking at the test results against such diagnosis.

I am glad that you followed through.